cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Dis-Service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Been with O2 many years, over last 3-4 years their service has become shocking. The last 2 IPhones I've had through 'upgrade' stopped working after 14 months. The local shop was less than useless, telling me it was an Apple problem not an O2 problem, but they'd be happy to charge me to have it fixed. Now my latest phone has done the same after yes, you've guessed it, about 14 months (out side of warranty). So being fed up, I say to the young man leaning over the counter, "can I just pay off the device plan?" "No he says, we can't do that in store, you'll have to do it online". But, can't do it on line, have to do it 'in store' as per "If you want to pay more than your monthly repayment, or settle your remaining balance, call 202 from an O2 mobile or 0344 8090202 from a landline, or visit an O2 store. Extra payments will reduce the monthly cost of your Device Plan, but won’t shorten the length of your contract."

I cant even be bothered to finish this, I've wasted too much of my life just trying to pay this off, I'll let it run it's course, and transfer to another provider.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Maybe go with Samsung next time?
They are confident enough in their products to offer a 2 year warranty.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous You can pay off your device plan at any time. They take in the condition of your Device if you upgrade or want to recycle it & base their advice on what you give them 

Message 3 of 4

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Good afternoon @Anonymous and welcome to our forum!

Sorry to read about the bad experience you described. worried Thank you for posting your feedback. We send customer comments from this board regularly over to O2 and will include your feedback too. I have also dropped you a quick PM (private message) to discuss further; please take a look when you get a moment.

Message 4 of 4