cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit gone instantly

Anonymous
Not applicable
Guys i just bought a pay as you go and the credit came through £10 so i sent one text..in a split second it tells me my balance is £0.00 ! ...any ideas?
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had exactly the same thing happen I was told its mobile data taking credit even been charged for 4gb of data since Saturday yet data is turned off so are background apps and I'm connected to my wifi at home so no need for mobile data. I've had £20 taken for charges for data and texts. I added the big bundle even waited till it said it had been added before I topped up, then was charged £10.00 for texts sent because my bundle wasn't put on. I've got no where with customer services and they haven't even apologised or offered a refund as good will gesture. They blame me and make up excuses. I've only been a customer 3 weeks I'm on the verge of changing back to old network for my £40 in topups all I've got is bad attitudes and the blame for there mix ups. I don't think they even value customers anymore.
Message 2 of 24

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123393 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

What tariff are you on?

There are two PAYG tariffs. You could be on either of these.....Big Bundle or Big Talker. Have a look at the link... (it will explain more fully)

http://www.o2.co.uk/tariffs/payandgo 

We can't see your account or usage so it's best you look in MyO2 to check yourself  http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Alternatively you could call 4444 (top up line ) and choose option 2 and then 2 again. This will tell you what bundle you have and how many minutes/sms/data. It will also give you your anniversary date (when you get the bundle every month).

Incidentally when you top up your money is taken immediately but your credit remains for you to use wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 24

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Depending on your tariff money is taken straight away to pay for your text, minutes and data allowances. Check in My O2 but it sounds as though you have a Big Bundle tariff. You can change it if you want to in my O2 on the next anniversay date in 30 days but if you want the credit back and just pay for what you have used so far, then you need to speak with customer service. Any decision on that is at their discretion.
Message 4 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys, thanks for the help.Turna out they have taken my credit because i am on Big Bundle.I was sold this phone on the understanding it is a pay as you go phone.So what happens at the end of the month period ? I got the phone because i only intend to use it in emergencies ...not happy
Message 5 of 24

MI5
  • 145096 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
You need to contact cs and change your tariff to Big Talker. You will keep your credit on that tariff.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 6 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
At the end of the month you will need to top up again to get the allowances but if you want a tariff that retains the credit then I suggest you change to a new one which is big talker

http://www.o2.co.uk/tariffs/payandgo

Remember to make a chargeable call & text every 6 months so that the sim stays active
Message 7 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 123393 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi guys, thanks for the help.Turna out they have taken my credit because i am on Big Bundle.I was sold this phone on the understanding it is a pay as you go phone.So what happens at the end of the month period ? I got the phone because i only intend to use it in emergencies ...not happy

It  is a payg tariff....just not the one that suits you best. You need to change to Big Talker as said  ..:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi folks, ok I have just been onto customer services.They had placed me on Big Bundle even though I bought this phone on Pay As You Go .My understanding of PAYG is that you buy say £10 and that might last you months if you are using the phone only in emergencies.These days at least with this lot apparently this is not the case !
Anyway , I complained via live chat and they removed the bundle and gave me my £10 back and said that I can now just use that until it runs out even if that takes months.
This is something of a rip off I reckon .If it aint PAYG then they should not advertise it as such.
Thanks for the help everyone....I will never get on this network again ,I know that already.
Message 9 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good to hear you got it sorted.

Yes pay as you go did used to be just that but now with everyone using the Internet on the go more messages than before, tariffs were introduced which allowed you to have allowances like you get on contracts but the freedom to just get rid of the sim whenever you wish without cancellation
Message 10 of 24