Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit check fail - how long to try again

Stephers
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all, hopefully someone will be able to help me. I am new to o2 in that I recently took out a contract in my name for a new phone and had my number ported over from my old contract which was in my mums name.

Got the phone fine and then decided I wanted an Apple Watch to go with it. I ordered the watch and that also went through fine until it arrived and I realIsed I had stupidly ordered the wrong size. I spoke to o2 who advised since I wanted a different size I had to return and reorder (they could only swap over for a diff colour, same size).

I returned the watch and then called o2 to confirm it had arrived. They advised it had and they marked as returned on my account. They said to wait 24 hours and then I could order the right size.

I did as advised but got a message when i tried saying that my account had the max number of pay monthly contracts and so I couldn’t proceed. I called o2 again and was told the previous watch hadn’t been cancelled off my account properly and so they had now done it so wait 24 hours and try again. Well you can guess the same thing happened.

I called o2 again and they said they’d look into it and come back to me. Nobody ever did. A week later I tried again and this time ut said I had failed the credit check. Presumably as a result of repeated attempts to reorder as my credit rating is excellent 😞

I called o2 again and was told I should wait ‘a few months’ and try again. This seems bonkers as there’s nothing wrong with my credit rating, it allowed me to order the watch initially and has only gone wrong due to o2s processes.

The lady couldn’t tell me how long I should wait to re try. She said a couple of months firstly and then said actually maybe three or four to be on safe side. I want a watch now!!

My first bill has come out of my account now so wasn’t sure if that would make a difference.

I’ve emailed the credit referrals email address but nobody has replied a week later. Help!
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Stephers 

30 days from the last check should be sufficient.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 16

Stephers
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you.
Is there any way anyone in o2 can override a credit check? I’ve paid my first bill, and returned a watch. My credit risk must be so low due to these things. Maybe someone more senior could do it if I keep trying?
Message 3 of 16

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

It's worth asking @Stephers 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Stephers I'm not sure if they'll be able to help, but I will tag an online O2 account advisor who will be on tomorrow at 8 am. @O2Trevski can you please assist?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 16

Stephers
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you both
Message 6 of 16

O2Trevski
  • 15 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Bambino

I’ll message you privately @Stephers and look in to this for you

Message 7 of 16

Marv1
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

I know this is an old post, but the same has just happened to me with a failed check, even with a high credit rating. 

Please help? 

Message 8 of 16

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Marv1 

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this

Thanks

Currently using:
Message 9 of 16

Hanif786
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Trevski, I've had the same issue when applying for a £6/month SIM only 12 month contract! I've never had issues before in applying for credit. Can you please help?

Message 10 of 16