cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could Not Activate Cellular Data Network

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone else having this issue? I'm in London. There is a message on 02 customer service number stating they are having issues and working to resolve ASAP.
Message 1 of 74
73 REPLIES 73

Anonymous
Not applicable
From Twitter: We're having a problem with Pay Monthly internet access, this will affect MMS too. Sorry - we're working to fix this ASAP.

Seems it the APN
Message 2 of 74

Anonymous
Not applicable
It must be APN related, I've had no problems today on mobile.o2.co.uk but I know some iPhone owners on idata.o2.co.uk are having web troubles.

SV
Message 3 of 74

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, literally everyone in our company with an iphone (3G or not) are suffering the same problem. We're in the liverpool street area and there are A LOT of us. I've been finding it slow to connect this morning on the train to work and it is dead now. This is pathetic O2, the 3G reception is already rubbish around the area and everyone complains about 'straight to voicemail' becasue O2 has run out of network capacity! If you can't support that many users, don't try to flog so many iphones!
Message 4 of 74

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why when there is a Network problem does the customer have to scour customer forums to find out about it?

Surely this could be much better handled by having an 'Our Network Status' page on the O2 website. Or are O2 just hoping to keep it quiet, at the expense of the hundreds / thousands of customers who are having problems?

Naughty O2. D minus. Must do better.
Message 5 of 74

Anonymous
Not applicable
They have a Twitter feed, that I believe is kept up to date, but I agree, there should be something on the o2 site regarding status.

SV
Message 6 of 74

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am in Cheshire and have been unable to access email or web browsing since lunchtime.

I phoned Iphone helpline and they confirmed O2 have a nationwide network problem which engineers are working on.

It is not confined to the London area.
Message 7 of 74

Anonymous
Not applicable
My new iphone 3gs arrived today so I rushed to set it all up. Then panicked because I thought it was broken lol. I agree with rigglybob, there should be a network status report button.

*phew thank the gods it aint my new iphone thats the prob!*
Message 8 of 74

Anonymous
Not applicable
it is not just i phones i have a n96
Message 9 of 74

Anonymous
Not applicable
Working again here just now within the last 15 mins. It's been down all day
Message 10 of 74