cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract SIM with PAYG iPhone

Anonymous
Not applicable
This question is all over the place I know. but I don't know what the correct answer is.

I currently have an o2 Monthly Contract with unlimited web bolt on.

Can I buy a PAYG iPhone from the apple store and use my contract sim instead of the PAYG sim.

Has anyone tried this and had any problems.

Thanks
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, earlier this year I asked the same question and the simple answer is yes. I've got online35 with the web bolt on myself and I just put my contract sim in and everything is fine.
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions
You may need to have the settings sent to the phone as P&G and Monthly settings are different. But essentially there are no problems.
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone tried this and had any problems.

Yes, I've done exactly that.

Contact SIM + web bolt-on in a PAYG iPhone. You shouldn't have to change any settings as even PAYG iPhones are suppplied with the contract settings as default (probably because all the supplied handsets to o2 were originally contract only).

And no - no problems whatsoever. Works perfectly.

SV
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
well would a payg sim work in a contract phone
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
well would a payg sim work in a contract phone

Yes it would but if you have a contract why would you want to use a PAYG sim instead?

Anyway, there's no such thing as a contract phone, whether it be iPhone or any other handset. A phone can be locked to a provider but not to a specific method of payment. Any iPhone will take a contract or PAYG o2 sim. All you'd have to do is change the APN in the web settings.

You get a phone when you take out a contract (unless it's Simplicity) but you can use any o2 compatable phone to access the o2 network.

SV
Message 6 of 6