• 9 Solutions
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions
Will the other networks follow is the question? Not before Christmas anyway - seems Orange have just committed suicide by announcing it now.
Expect more erosion of tariffs coming in the New Year from everyone.
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep. O2's T&C's also state they can increase your contract by the inflation figure. However, I'm scratching my head as to know when was the last time that actually happened to existing customers on any network. (No doubt someone will tell me grin )
Article says T-Mobile are holding back to next year, but that is only 33 days away!
So all those who take out a contract for Christmas are going to have a rude awakening come the new year.
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmm, o2 have a tariff refresh every 3 months so I'd imagine that we'd see a 'price rise' in the form of an adjustment of the latest tariffs as opposed to a customer wide price increase.
I think Orange must have been in a sticky situation to put this rise into place, possibly overstretched themselves when they Merged with T Mobile? It must not have been an easy decision to make as it's going to make many customer's unhappy.
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well - Everything Everywhere have just been to the banks for some refinancing.
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Simple answer. Every body stop taking out contracts and switch to PAYG. Use your mobile less and top up by minimum amounts. Wake mobile phone companies up to the fact that you will not be milked for a product that is patchy in most parts of the UK and fails to deliver on advertised speeds when it comes to internet connection.
Message 6 of 8

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions
For the majority PAYG is more than adequate and contracts are really not worth it. Personally I'm on a £10.21 Simplicity one rather than PAYG because I can't be bothered with the hassle of topping up. Plus my usage varies wildly between months so it has advantages.
But back to your point (David Kendall), until we're weaned off this "free phone" business the customer will always be a sucker for being milked. You only have to read a few threads on here to realise it doesn't matter if the network is incapable provided the customer gets the flashy new device last week at zero cost.
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
im with sheepdog on this
i for 1 for the past 10 years had a contract upuntill last month , ive got the iphone4 from my last upgrade 18 months ago and decided to go on the simplicity rolling 1 month contract (100 mins , 100mb , unlimited txt) a really fab contract
was sick paying 30-40 quid a month for the past 10 years
even when the next iphones come out its going to be really hard for me to do a upgrade as the iphone4 does everything i want a phone to do
so no more silly contracts for me
Message 8 of 8