Did you mean: 

Contract Changes

Bear
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Feeling absolutely disgusted with O2

After 30+ years as an O2 customer I receive a letter explaining that they are changing the terms and conditions of me and my wife’s 12 month SIM only contracts, I took out these 150gb 12 month sim only contracts as we use data when we are in Europe on holiday so most months the data is virtually untouched, but when we are on holiday we can use data without worry, they now tell me that my data allowance in Europe is cut to 25gb in any one month, therefore the contract is useless to me, the letters state and if I’m unhappy I can cancel the contract free of charge, so I contact customer services to cancel and they tell me free Cancellation only applies to people who have phones under contract and not sim only deals so if I’m unhappy I’ve got to pay almost £100.00 per sim to cancel a contract that runs out in November.
What an absolutely shameless morally bankrupt company.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144070 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Yet O2 are still offering the best deal for EU roaming across all the major networks...........
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10120 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions
@Bear

As @MI5 says o2 are still offering the best deal, and have always had a Fair Use Policy of 25Gb in Europe.

Three is 12Gb on all contracts from 20GB
EE - £2 per day for new customers from January
Vodafone - Same as o2 at 25Gb

I have even seen a MVNO today who offers no free roaming, its all chargable...

So take your pick...

O2 arent shameless or morally bankrupt, just moving the Fair Use Policy to the T&C's, you seem to be in the top 1% of customers using over 25Gb of data roaming.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 3