cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacts 'lost' from Sim card - were they there in the first place?

Anonymous
Not applicable

The upper keypad on my husband's old Samsung E250 stopped working and his contacts could not be accessed by any route to 'manually copy'.  I put his sim card in my phone - Nokia E5 - to copy and save his contacts. My phone asked if it should copy the contacts to which I said yes, but his contacts have not been copied.

He now has Blackberry Curve 9360 - old but 'brand new' (we oldies like our proper qwerties!). When putting in his sim card it just brought up all the usual O2 numbers in contacts.

I thought contacts were kept on the sim - not that I know much about mobile phones and would appreciate any replies taking this into account - have his contacts been totally lost?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Sounds like the numbers were saved on his phone memory not the sim card.
Can you not connect old phone with a data cable to PC to copy the contact files?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Sounds like the numbers were saved on his phone memory not the sim card.
Can you not connect old phone with a data cable to PC to copy the contact files?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
can you not use the central button to enter the menu?
was the contact list put on one side from home as a shortcut?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello
The central button went first, not moving up/down/left or right - after that the whole lot 'seized'!
Fortunately at teatime I put the sim in husbands new phone and going into Text there were messages going back a few months - no contacts - but I was able to add the numbers to contacts. Don't think many are missing now. Thanks for your help.
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please see my response above thanks.
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Glad you got them back in the end.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6