cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Completely disgusted

Anonymous
Not applicable
Absolutely disgusted with O2!! Despite my main line bringing them in over £1500 a year, and having two more lines with them, i was informed that i owed them £300!!! Apprently i cancelled my direct debit (only on one line) and didnt pay it, but continued to pay my other two? O2 couldnt provide me with the telephone recording of this as i assured them it wasn't me. Credit referrals told me in a very rude way they couldnt do anythign as the debt was passed to an agency, then sent me out a letter telling me if i paid the balance in full (which i am willing to do) they would take the default off? Asked them to confirm this in e-mail and had absolutely no response.
Disgusted with O2, what a joke. Will be cancelling all of my lines and going to OFCOM. Have read of many instances like mine on the internet and in the news. I am now in jepoardy of obtaining a mortgage for a direct debit i did not cancel!!! BEWARE!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Surely Direct Debits are cancelled with your bank? So there is no way O2 could provide you with a recording.
Should you be disgusted with your bank ?
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Incidentally why is the bill still unpaid, are you disputing it?
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, as stated, only you or your bank could cancel the DD. If it was not you then you need to talk to the bank and if they have made a mistake it is for them to rectify it and make amends
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, as stated, only you or your bank could cancel the DD. If it was not you then you need to talk to the bank and if they have made a mistake it is for them to rectify it and make amends

Spot on.
You need to ask your bank the reason for the DD cancelling. O2 won't just cancel your DD out of the blue.
Also, if a bill isn't paid, a customer is notified and the service is restricted. Long before it goes to a collections agency. Was the phone/sim not in use?
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's not in O2's interests to not take your money. Did you not question it when your line was barred?
I'm sure O2 will be more than happy to reconnect once it's brought up to date.
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

"O2 won't just cancel your DD out of the blue.
Also, if a bill isn't paid, a customer is notified and the service is restricted"

Unless they cancelled the wrong account. But then surely the phone would have stopped working.

Contacting the bank would be a good idea, as they could give the date and who cancelled the DD.

Message 7 of 7