Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaints service shocking

2jus84
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been trying to get a complaint resolved for nearly 1 month now and I am just not being listened to! I was refused switch up in two stores due to 'damage' (three small scratches due to wear and tear) and store staff were awful to me and customer service was non existent. I assert that my phone only has wear and tear that is covered under switch up. They offered me a paltry fee, in compensation but wouldn't actually give me what I want! I also can't upgrade as I am on a switch up plan and they are still saying I would have to pay and my phone isn't recognised on recycle page either! I am stuck and being forced to pay for a service I can't use. This is intolerable! Every time I contact 'Ruth' in the exec team who apparently 'resolved' my complaint (she didnt) I get no response, just dead silence. I have heard from research that some stores have taken phones in worse condition to mine too so I am beyond livid. This coupled with the fact that I had pre-ordered a zflip 5, it was delayed and when I finally got to the store, it was on the counter in front of me, they refused me!

Can someone please help get me me the switch up I deserve?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93887 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

Can I just ask?

How do you know stores (not near you) have accepted phones with worse damage and how did you assess that damage personally @2jus84 

Message 11 of 19

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11260 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

I have just shown the pictures to a friend who also works in IT, and he has said the same, that the damage on the bottom of the phone, would not be classed as wear and tear, at the firm he works at, and would be classed as user damage and they would charge their employees for a new phone (which is a harsh i will admit).. or get them to go fix it...

You could try an insurance claim, and see if they will repair it, or get some black touch up paint.. 

But we don't work for o2, so as said the only option is to try a completely different shop, or ask to speak to a manager.... 

I don't think there is much more any one can do to advise you here.. 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 12 of 19

Chrissiealone
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 30 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I think realistically there is going to be some kind of cost to you. I don't know how much it would cost to get your phone insured with 02, but if it isn't too much you might be able to get it replaced if the damages became much worse.

Message 13 of 19

madasaf1sh
  • 11260 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

Its too late to take the o2 insurance, as it has to be insured within the first 28days of the contract starting, then its too late.. @Chrissiealone 

--
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
Message 14 of 19

Chrissiealone
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 30 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Best place to find out what is exactly wrong with a phone is to take it into CEX to be evaluated. If it's slight wear and tear it would be classed as a B grade and they would offer £269, if it's a bit more they would only offer £209. 

If you want a second opinion I would take it into CEX for a free evaluation. If they class it as simply wear and tear you have ammo from a company that hasn't a vested interest in being dishonest. If they see an actual fault with the phone they won't even offer to buy it from you.

If the case caused the damage, and the case was made by Samsung specifically for your phone, wouldn't it be an idea to see if Samsung would repair the phone for free as damage caused by their accessories? I've only bought 2nd hand phones, so not sure how long the Z Flip guarantee lasts for.

Message 15 of 19

2jus84
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well thanks alot everyone. So I am stuck with this device, even though I pay £3.99 per month for switch up? Let's hope the ombudsman can help me. It's not just the device 'conditon' it's the way store staff and customer service have treated me. They could show some discretion and let me do it really. 

Message 16 of 19

2jus84
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had someone contact me on Facebook and confirmed that she had more damage than me, including a scratched screen and hers was accepted in the white rose centre in Leeds.

Message 17 of 19

2jus84
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well the outer bezel isn't actually black, it's dark shiny silver, so that won't work.

Message 18 of 19

madasaf1sh
  • 11260 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

CEX can be as dishonest as every recycling company, (look on Reddit for horror stories), and o2 do not have to take into consideration what CEX say as its not their grading criteria...

If 2 stores independent of each other have deemed that the phone doesn't meet the condition required then that is the end of the matter, the only option is to take it into another o2 shop..

--
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
Message 19 of 19