Did you mean: 

Community signing-in

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25012 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi guys

Just tried to sign-in with usual info but would not accept password so had to reset it.

Then accepted new one and told me to use that in future - all that on My02 before accessing forum

Anyone else had the same problem?

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

That's a new one on me @Mi-Amigo

I have never experienced that particular issue at all.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 50

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

My username and password are saved on the forum, so I never have to type them in again when I enter. And I've not experienced your problem @Mi-Amigo.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 3 of 50

Mi-Amigo
  • 25012 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff- thanks for your reply. When I read it, I went and checked e-mails and had standard reply

"you have changed your password" and usual dont reply to this....

@Glory1- thanks also. This is what`s weird my username and password were saved. But when I went to 02 (as I have always done) it asked for username, which I had to type in. It recognised this and message appeared to say so. Then a "click" box appeared telling me reset password, with instructions about doing that..... 

btw both: I never sign out. Just click X to leave and close lappy down.

I hope that I`m not gonna have this problem when I try to come back on in the morning.

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 4 of 50

Mi-Amigo
  • 25012 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I just did a "test".

Same again. Would not accept new password onMy02.

Said to reset, which I did. Came up with message I had exceed the limit on attempts and would have to wait to retry.

Then reverted back to blank box for username and blank box for password

Entered username, told to reset password, which I did. This time let me in and said connecting to Community and here I am.

This is so doing my head in... If it persists I contact Customer Services in the morning - too tired tonite.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 5 of 50

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo If you do have a problem in the morning, once you manage to log in, send a PM to community admin, and hopefully they'll be able to help you sort it out.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 50

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

I just did a "test".

Same again. Would not accept new password onMy02.

Said to reset, which I did. Came up with message I had exceed the limit on attempts and would have to wait to retry.

Then reverted back to blank box for username and blank box for password

Entered username, told to reset password, which I did. This time let me in and said connecting to Community and here I am.

This is so doing my head in... If it persists I contact Customer Services in the morning - too tired tonite.

Yes, it would do my head in as well @Mi-Amigo. But then all these changes are doing my head in, having to reset my password would be the straw that broke the camel's back!!

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 7 of 50

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo

Don't enter the forum through My O2.(when My O2 glitches it will affect everything)

Use this link to access https://community.o2.co.uk/

Then save your usename and password. That way it should always be there when you want to log in.

All you have to do is click 'sign in'...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 50

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo Do you use a password manager? Always a good thing to use.:smileywink:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 50

Mi-Amigo
  • 25012 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you so much all of you...

Seriously this means so much too me.

I`ve taken the advice and have got the short cut on my laptop directly here.

You will not believe this.

After my last post I had Chat with 02 Guru. I have never in my life had such an appauling level of service!

As many of you know, I was full of praise to 02 with the way my issues with unwanted calls but this is a whole different ballgame. The guru was an out-and-out geek. I explained that I am a technophobe but he ignored that, and after a long time going over and over the issue, finally came back with
you`ll have to go into an 02 store or call o344 number.

I explained I have health issues and would cost me £20 round trip by taxi as I can use public transport to get to the store, and phoning will cost me 35p+ a min plus.

Having failed to even understand that, I was passed a Guru manager who was worse! He repeated what the guru had said. I asked him if he could please read the reasons I cannot go into the store because of a serious health issue and he actually said "I hope you`ll be better soon".

I have not got a common cold - but a serious medical condition. I was so upset that I blurted out what it was and all he said was "sorry to hear that, but we cannot solve this on chat and youll need to go in store or phone". Insensitive does not come close....

Thanks to all you folks out there helping 02 customers, where the gurus fail.

You are indeed a Community and am very grateful that you have allowed me to be a part of that Community. Bless you.

I should add that these gurus could learn a lot about customer service from 02 accounts and the lovely admin on here.

Mi-Amigo

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 10 of 50