Did you mean: 

Community platform bugs, issues and suggestions

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

This topic is a place where we will keep the community updated about the status of any issues or bugs affecting the community platform that we are aware of and have reported. We will keep an up to date tracker of what the issue is, when it was first reported, the current status and the latest update. This will enable you to easily check if something you've noticed has already been flagged. 

How do I report a new issue or bug I've encountered on the community? 

We would like you to use this topic to report any new bugs or issues that you come across so we can add them to the tracker. To do this simply report the issue in the comments and tag in the community team so we can update the top post with any new issues. Please include as much detail as possible when reporting a new issue and where possible include the following: 

• The Date and time you first noticed the issue 
  • A detailed description of what the issue is and how it's affecting your user experience 
  • If applicable include the URL of where you encountered the issue 
  • The web browser and operating system you are using 
  • If applicable a screenshot of the issue 

The above information will help us and the support team properly identify the issue and get working on a fix. 

How do I check the status of an issue that has been reported? 

At the bottom of this post you will see a list of all the active and recently resolved issues. The current status of the issue, along with the most recent update with be shown there. If you have a new question or more information about an open issue please post it in the comments of this topic. 

You can also use this topic to make requests or suggestions for new features or changes to how the community platform works! Please bear in mind that making changes can often take time and some requests won't be possible for various reasons but that said we would really appreciate your insights on how to improve the community interface and will aim to implement changes where possible. We will track any suggestions below the issues. 

Thanks for your patience while we work the outstanding issues and for your help reporting and testing. 

Issue: Your own posts showing in the unread message page

Date reported : 26/08/21

Latest update: 20/04/22 - The engineering team are currently working on a resolution to the bug causing this issue. 

Issue: Unread posts taking you to the OP and not the unread post

Date reported : 26/08/21

Latest update: 20/04/22 - The engineering team are currently working on a resolution to the bug causing this issue. 

Issue: Customer survey pop-up frequency and drop to bottom of the webpage

Date reported: 04/01/22

Status: Cause of the issue identified and waiting on a fix 

Latest update: 15/03/22 - The engineering team are currently working on a resolution to the bug causing this issue

Issue: Post flooding error message when attempting to post some messages

Date reported: 13/04/22

Latest update: 26/05/22 - A bug fix update has been deployed and the issue has been resolved. 

Issue: Add video button not appearing 

Date reported: 20/04/22

Latest update: 19/05/22 - The cause of this issue is still being investigated   

Issue: Security check message when logging into the community 

Date reported: 06/05/22

Latest update: 08/09/22 - The security check message will no longer appear when logging into the community. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 147
146 REPLIES 146

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

@pgn wrote:

And mobile ..?🤣

💃🌩😖

Yes, and replied-to on PC...

Well done @Martin-O2 - that should make a lot of people happy 

pgn_0-1653058911076.gif

A lot of people? Meaning me I expect? Yes, delighted, more than delighted. 😂tongue_winkinghugging

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 147

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@pgn wrote:

@pgn wrote:

And mobile ..?🤣

💃🌩😖

Yes, and replied-to on PC...

Well done @Martin-O2 - that should make a lot of people happy 

pgn_0-1653058911076.gif

A lot of people? Meaning me I expect? Yes, delighted, more than delighted. 😂tongue_winkinghugging

If the cap fits... 🤠👒🎓🧙‍♀️

Message 22 of 147

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Hmm. Still puts a gender sign after some phone emojis... 🪄🧙🧙‍♀️🧙‍♂️

Screenshot_20220520-201827.png

Weird.

Message 23 of 147

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Martin-O2

Delighted to say the security issue is now fixed for me.

I changed my password yesterday on pc and mobile. I am no longer presented with the security check at all.

So that appears to be the fix for that one. 😎

(I have to thank @pgn  for 'walking me through' the password change malarkey. I was extremely concerned that a change of password would lock me out of the forum as the security check had reared it's ugly head)  However, it all went smoothly and now I am rid of the security check.

Back to normal login. Yippee 🌹🎉

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 147

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Cleoriff Fantastic! Thanks for letting me know. That does seem to fix it and remove the security check message. We'll keep investigating the cause in the mean time but as long as it's no longer showing up thats the main thing. 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 25 of 147

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Not entirely sure this is a bug, but it is definitely a problem.
On Saturday a new community member posted their number and asked to get a call - link to thread below.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Sim-and-phone/m-p/1555443#M246217 
Obviously as this is a public website they were asked to edit their post and remove it, and the post was flagged to the mods.

The post was originally made at 09:57, first reply (and guessing first time it was flagged) was 10:29.

It was flagged again at 11:08, and 13:55 again at 16:15 and finally edited out at 17:45 - 8 hours after it was first posted.

I know that there is a filter/doohicky to block people from entering email addresses (which flags as personal details) but why is the one for phone numbers not turned on?
It used to be - we had to break up our phone numbers when messaging for community rewards (which is not public, but it blocked that), so why is it off now?

Can you provide an update please @Martin-O2 @RafaC @lewys-gp as to why something that would help keep community members safe is not active?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 26 of 147

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@gmarkj we did try using a filter for a while however we found that it was causing more issues than it was solving. We deal with mobile numbers through PM every day and not just for the rewards and having the number blocked was causing confusion and repeated back and forth messages, especially for new members who don't know the in's and out's of the community. 

We do our best to remove any personal information as soon as is practically possible but over evenings and weekends there is a bit of lag time due to the reduced staff cover. That said this was up a long time so I'll have a chat with the team and make sure that any personal information is removed as soon as possible. 

signature

Message 27 of 147

gmarkj
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Thanks for the reply @Martin-O2, I didn't realise they were used more often than for the monthly rewards so if that would get in the way it somewhat makes sense for the filter to be off.

Would it be possible to get the filter modified so that PMs are ok but public posting gets blocked?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 28 of 147

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@gmarkj As far as I'm aware the filter is currently all or nothing and it doesn't differentiate between public posts and private messages but it's certainly something I can check with the platform provider. 

signature

Message 29 of 147

gmarkj
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

I think it would be worth asking if they can split them out @Martin-O2 as it would solve a large number of flagged posts...

Message 30 of 147