Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community next?

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

So we have seen over the last month that Telefonica are cutting costs quite severely, in my opinion they are now out to make up the drastic shortfall in profits reduced very substantially by the new EU roaming legislation.

Three apps designed to save their customers' costs have now been withdrawn. It's surely no coincidence that this has happened barely three months after having to remove the throttling they have applied for years which they attempted to convince us was a temporary measure designed to alleviate the congestion caused by so many people now taking advantage of the roam like home features.

So what next? Priority? Or even the future of this very community? I'm sure the savings would be immense in salaries and rewards. 

Comment and discuss please and input from admin would be very welcome @Martin-O2 @MercedesS @Marjo

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

jtuk
Level 3: Thinker
  • 93 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Looks like this forum is for the chop top. It is no longer linked to from myo2 app. You have to google to find it...
Message 11 of 42

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Well it was nice meeting you all.
See you all on some other forum at some time, no doubt. Wave

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jtuk wrote:
Looks like this forum is for the chop top. It is no longer linked to from myo2 app. You have to google to find it...

It is still available from My O2 app @jtuk?

Top of my page shows Home, Allowances, Bolt Ons, Bills and Help. If I click on Help, the O2 Community is in that section..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can still see it in myo2 

Message 14 of 42

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

The recent closures of TU Go and International Extras/Favourites/Calling Card are NOT cost cutting exercises. In the case of TU Go, we regularly review our products to ensure customers are given greater flexibility and the latest calling options. With the continuing development of VoWifi, we’re rolling out Wifi and 4G calling capabilities to more and more devices, in more and more locations. In the case of our International Products, we’re streamlining our International products and will be launching a new international calling product next year which will offer Pay Monthly customers reduced overseas calls. In the interim, before this new product launches, we’re offering Pay Monthly customers that have used our International Products reduced overseas calls from 1p per minute with no monthly subscription to get these reduced prices during the interim period.

@jonsie wrote:

So what next? Priority? Or even the future of this very community?

These aren't going anywhere. O2 Priority is something pretty much every O2 customer knows about, and hopefully, uses. Our team are actively developing the service to fix any bugs, implement new features, and source new offers, discounts, freebies and competitions. In recent months we've even bundled O2 Priority Tickets into the app, to make it even easier and straight forward for our musically-inclined customers to get tickets up to 48hr before general sale.

As for the Community... There's more chance of world peace than the O2 Community closing anytime soon. There are zero/no/nada/zilch discussions around closing this place. We see the O2 Community as a platform in the same way as Twitter/Facebook - it's a great place for folk to chit chat or look for help and support, and that's not something we'd want to throw away.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 15 of 42

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Thanks for the update @Chris_K, but from a customer point of view removing service A before service B is in place or does not offer the same functionality is a drop in service.
Surely it would make more sense to say "hi guys, we are stopping Tu but you can now all use VoWiFi for calls and texts"?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 16 of 42

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Chris_K wrote:

The recent closures of TU Go and International Extras/Favourites/Calling Card are NOT cost cutting exercises. In the case of TU Go, we regularly review our products to ensure customers are given greater flexibility and the latest calling options.

Corporate blah, blah, blah.

You are removing a core feature of my contract that I use on a daily basis.

You are not providing me with a viable alternative.

Even if I wanted your unsuitable alternative it would cost me hundreds of pounds more.

Please remove your heads from the clouds O2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 42

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:

Surely it would make more sense to say "hi guys, we are stopping Tu but you can now all use VoWiFi for calls and texts"?

To repeat, yet again - not the same thing at all and does not offer the same functionality.

Currently using:
Message 18 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please stop with the corporate rubbish as we all know o2 are looking at this from a money point of view & don’t actually care about the customer as there are so many people using these services that will have no access to any alternative especially if their device doesn’t support your option 

Message 19 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Chris_KYou say 'Priority is something pretty much every customer knows about'.....

1) I would say in response that MORE customers know about Tu....and certainly more use this app. I have never used Priority in my life...but Tu is a major part of my usage.

2) Additionally, will Tu be available in other countries...or is it just those of us in the UK who will be losing it?

There seems to be a trend. World Chat closing, along with International favourites and Tugo.

Very poor business decisions by O2. Made even worse as there was no discussion and apparently little research into the needs of their customers.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 42