Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community next?

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

So we have seen over the last month that Telefonica are cutting costs quite severely, in my opinion they are now out to make up the drastic shortfall in profits reduced very substantially by the new EU roaming legislation.

Three apps designed to save their customers' costs have now been withdrawn. It's surely no coincidence that this has happened barely three months after having to remove the throttling they have applied for years which they attempted to convince us was a temporary measure designed to alleviate the congestion caused by so many people now taking advantage of the roam like home features.

So what next? Priority? Or even the future of this very community? I'm sure the savings would be immense in salaries and rewards. 

Comment and discuss please and input from admin would be very welcome @Martin-O2 @MercedesS @Marjo

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

It does seem very abrupt & without informing their customers dutifully unless they see the small print in a thread on this community. They need to seriously look at how these things are beneficial to their customers & see how needed they are. I dread to think what’s next for the chop

Message 2 of 42

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Whatever it is next, just remember that customers can be just as ruthless.
It's the sheer arrogance that just defies belief.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Totally agree. All highly suspicious and totally unwarranted.

Have other networks cut vital services to shore up deficit on roaming agreements? No I don't think so.

O2 certainly are not interested in customer care...

I also have to add that I think the community is in danger of disappearing...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 42

browni
Level 21: Regular
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Whatever it is next, just remember that customers can be just as ruthless.
It's the sheer arrogance that just defies belief.

+1

#siwy
Message 5 of 42

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
Anybody else miss this ?
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/09/21/top_brass_leave_o2/
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 6 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:
Anybody else miss this ?

Hadn't read that at all. A lot of senior people leaving. Only they know the reason for that. I found some of the comments posted after the article very interesting!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 42

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Beenherebefore wrote:
Anybody else miss this ?

Hadn't read that at all. A lot of senior people leaving. Only they know the reason for that. I found some of the comments posted after the article very interesting!

What ?....like this one ?

" Is quite simple - the business is being caned for short term results. Nothing else matters, other than putting a shine on business performance, so that when an IPO comes round, the numbers will look interesting. It doesn't matter if long term investment has been constrained, and the back office is all held together by string and sellotape. Far be it from me to imply that if O2 were a car, management would be filling the noisy gearbox with sawdust, putting gaffer tape on the rusty silencer, and warming the engine up well before every test drive."

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 8 of 42

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
After reading the article I am concerned for not only the Community but O2 as a telecommunications company. Makes me want to shop around for another mobile operator which I can't afford to do at the moment.

Not good news at all.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 9 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Beenherebefore wrote:
Anybody else miss this ?

What ?....like this one ?

" Is quite simple - the business is being caned for short term results. Nothing else matters, other than putting a shine on business performance, so that when an IPO comes round, the numbers will look interesting. It doesn't matter if long term investment has been constrained, and the back office is all held together by string and sellotape. Far be it from me to imply that if O2 were a car, management would be filling the noisy gearbox with sawdust, putting gaffer tape on the rusty silencer, and warming the engine up well before every test drive."

Yes ...that one in particular @Beenherebefore!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 42