Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community membership ID change

chelynnah
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm not quite sure where to put this, or even how to phrase it, but here goes.  I originally registered with the O2 comjmunity with my Business account which had a specific email address attached to it.  We have recently closed that account and created a personal account which has a different address (it wouldn't let us have the original one as it was still held by the business account).  This isn't a problem for the phones, but I would like to change my Community membership to the new account.  Basically I want to be able to sign into the community with the new email, but still keep my username etc.  If I re-register I lose my correspondence, my quick access to my posts and watched threads, and most importantly my username.

Is there some way I'm not finding of being able to change that within the user settings, or can someone else help?  Or am I just stuck with logging into the community with a different email than I log into my account with?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

The community admin may be able to help @Marjo @Martin-O2

Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @chelynnah I changed my email address by logging into My O2 https://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

go to the sectiom the section Manage my details ..and you can do it there. They will send a code to your phone to make sure it's you

My details.PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes it’s very easy to just change your email address which is called your username on here.
It won’t alter your screen name either.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

chelynnah
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Unfortunately I'm not sure it's not as simple as just an email change. Both email addresses are assigned to different O2 accounts. One is assigned to our Business account. Although the account is now closed, it's still holding the email address so that I can access it for past billing. And the one I want to use is now assigned to the new account. I didn't create an account on here, I set myself up originally with my My O2 account.

I'll look into it a bit further, but because I've logged in originally using the business account, it won't matter what I change any of My O2 emails to, it will still require the one (whatever that changes to) associated with my business account.

Message 5 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@chelynnahThe only way round this is to talk to customer services. If you phone between 8-8.30am you will be more likely to get someone who will understand the problem and be able to sort it out https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 6