Did you mean: 

Community feedback - how to improve ranks and reward system

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

We're currently reviewing both the ranking system and rewards on the O2 community! As always we would love to hear your thoughts and insights on both systems and any ideas you may have on changes or improvements. 

About Community Ranks

Currently, we feel there are too many ranks and the names are very inconsistent. We're looking at creating a whole new list of rank names which this time around follow a theme. 

• Can you think of a common theme for the ranking names along with a few examples? 

Please keep any rank names in line with the community guidelines but any and all ideas are welcome! 

About Community Rewards

Currently, we try to thank those forum members who have been contributing to the community by helping each other out, participating, asking questions, and keeping the forum a fun and engaging place to be.

• Can you think of more ways to reward members and a few examples? 

Please keep in mind that we want to consider other ways to reward members then phone credit and think about what activities should be rewarded. 

Thanks guys and I look forward to hearing your ideas smiling 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122358 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@gmarkj  Not sure if there is a list anywhere. I know the original one went up to Level 80 (I think) and then Toby had to add more. However, this thread from January 2013 did ask for suggestions for Community rank names

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Your-suggestions-for-community-rank-names/td-p/38...

It would be helpful to see a current list....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 17

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Some of the rank names (pun intended) make me cringe, they are so inapt and inappropriate and in some instances downright insulting.

Lets just have simple pretty colours of the rainbow, just a solid colour block where the name would be. Surely we only need half a dozen ranks? Yes it's sometimes nice to be recognised by going up a level but it's not really that important. Being a member otf the community is what's important not some silly name that you hate but are stuck with for a longer period of time the more you rise up the ladder. Or how about simply the same as rewards, platinum gold silver etc?

As for rewards I have thought a long time about this and wrote admin in the past about possible tweaks but in the main I like the present system whereby many members can share in this every month. I'm not sure it's fair to them to implement a scheme which would exclude those who work all day and aren't able to give as much time as the retired and those members who for various reasons can't work are able to give. 

Message 12 of 17

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks to everyone so far who has posted their thoughts on the Ranking and Rewards systems. Some really helpful stuff about how you feel on the current state of affairs and on what we could do to improve smiling

Keep em coming!! smile

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 13 of 17

Lisa10
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Maybe give people what they're owed first before you start up this what a joke
Message 14 of 17

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Lisa10 wrote:
Maybe give people what they're owed first before you start up this what a joke

Are you waiting for a refund?

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 15 of 17

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Lisa's problem here jonsie https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Unauthorised-money-from-my-account/m-p/1090066#...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 17

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I thought I recognised the user name but my head is all over the place at the moment. 😔

Message 17 of 17