cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colchester Area Postcoed CO4-CO6 down for fourth day in a row

Anonymous
Not applicable

Service has been down for 4 days now, please prvide a meaningful eta when the service will be back up and running.

I am also looking for some sort of pro-rata discount off liner rental for the 4 days and a gesture of goodwill as I have had to use othere peoples phones / landlineetc at cost to myself.

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just noticed your comment on compensation. O2 don't have to give a goodwill gesture as they cover this in the terms and conditions.

However if you keep details on how long it's down for either ring customer service or fill out this form http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain they may.
Message 3 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - yep checked the status checker already and rang them but disappointed after 4 days of no service. I honestly dont mind a few hours even up to a day in the past but 4 days is not what I expect.

Normally there are work arounds, they are not cheap, like sharing other masts and providers networks to get people back but obviously there are cost implications.

Therefore its no unfair to request a goodwill gesture, which I will do through your complaints link thanks, as O2 are making a commercial decision to keep1000's maybe 10000's off network as they wont take the financial hit for a quick fix for the good of the service we all pay for whilst they get their mast fixed.

Message 4 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let us know how you get on.

Good luck and I hope things resolve swiftly for you.
Message 5 of 35

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145590 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27962 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Normally there are work arounds, they are not cheap, like sharing other masts and providers networks to get people back but obviously there are cost implications.

Unfortunately, it isn't as easy as just "mast sharing".

There is a whole network of servers and infrastructure behind the masts that just aren't set up to deal with other networkk traffic on a short term basis.

You could use Tugo over WiFi (if you are on a contract) or other VOIP services such as whatsapp, viber, BBM etc whilst you are waiting for a repair.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 6 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe the mast sharing agreemnet between O2 and Vodafone(cornerstone) just need to be activated it's not simple you are right but four days in it could have been done by now. T

he fact is O2 seem to rather let us be without any signal. Vodafone next door at my neighbours is full signal - thats the breadth of my complaint as highlighted above and I will formally follow this up through the complaints proceedure once service has resumed.

No need to reply on this thread just info for others on what to do and I will post updates on service.

AS of 11:50am service is back but for how long I dont know.

Message 7 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

The signal is currently out on the edge of Colchester as well (CO7), my phone lost it's signal around the Community Stadium on the A12 en route to work this morning and hasn't come back since...

Message 8 of 35

MI5
  • 145590 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27962 Solutions

IzzyKasha wrote: 

AS of 11:50am service is back but for how long I dont know.

Hopefully all sorted now then........

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 9 of 35

MI5
  • 145590 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27962 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

The signal is currently out on the edge of Colchester as well (CO7), my phone lost it's signal around the Community Stadium on the A12 en route to work this morning and hasn't come back since...

Have you tried rebooting the phone?

It sometimes helps......

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 10 of 35