Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for premium rate text to 60064 which I have not made

ossocafe
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've been charged for sending a premium rate text to 60064. I did not send any text to this number, accidentally or otherwise.

I've looked up the owner of this service using O2's website and received the following information. 

News/info, owner: Infobip Limited, contact number 02089871595.

When I tried to call their contact number above the number is not recognised.

O2 have said they will refund the charge, thankfully and I've called O2 to block premium calls/texts (this morning) which will take effect in 24 hours. There is also a relatively low spend cap on the account. 

I also checked the Payforit Sucks - Fighting Payforit Scams - Payforit Sucks site but it doesn't seem to help much with this case/number.

By Googling, I did find an email address for the number from this site: 20212112_VAS_Pricing.pdf (virginmediabusiness.co.uk) but I'm wary about sending them an email with my number/name in case more incorrect charges result. 

I also though about sending a 'stop' message to the number but as I've receieved no texts from them (just been accused, incorrectly, of sending one) this could also result in more charges.

As they've incorrectly charged me once, I'm concerned it could happen again although the premium block will hopefully prevent this. 

Thanks for any advice.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126406 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

ossocafe
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi - I've already seen those guides and they don't answer my questions, unfortunately. 

Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126406 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

@ossocafe 

You mention Payforit Sucks which has now been replaced by https://psconsumers.org.uk/ 

You could contact them?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

ossocafe
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks - have looked at the site and the info is similar (recommends contacting the scammers on their number, which I've been unable to do as the number is unavailable).  I am being refunded but my main concern is to stop it happening again. 

Message 5 of 5