Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for a monthly top up after PAC transfer

ritz47
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

On Jan 28, my auto top-up of £15 a month came through, and I subsequently stopped receiving service from my SIM. No data internet connection despite showing 4g, and unable to make phone calls / texts without wi-fi. After contacting o2 on twitter (since PAYG customers apparently don't deserve the chance to speak to someone over the phone or live chat), they told me that there was an issue affecting payments for some customers. After 4 or 5 days with an unusable sim, I bought a new sim from a different provider, and transferred the number to it using a PAC code, which should terminate the service to my understanding. 

Feb 28, I've been charged £15 again, despite no longer being able to access the myO2 app, and no services shown on my myO2 account. Should also be refunded the £15 for January since I had literally no service in the few days between the payment, and cancellation of service.

Had my first phone with O2 when I was a kid, and they kept charging my dad for the sim even a few years after it was cancelled without him realising, guess they haven't changed their business practices.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9131 Posts
  • 209 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@ritz47 

O2 do not usually give refunds on PAYG "accounts" except in exceptional circumstances, but given what you have outlined, there is certainly nothing to stop you asking for your thirty quid back. I suggest that you try to articulate your problem clearly and succinctly, and ask for a refund as a gesture of goodwill. 

I suggest that you contact O2's social media team rather than trying to 'phone Customer Service. The former are well though of and it could save you a long wait if the 'phone lines are busy. If the Social Media team do not respond, please send them a reminder ! 

Contact details are in :-

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Please let us know how you get on ! 👍

Message 2 of 3

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38295 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1730 Solutions

@ritz47 - do note, even in the link shared above, there are dedicated numbers for PAYG customers - and wait-times are excruciatingly long, regardless of whether ringing the dedicated Business, Contract, or PAYG numbers - persistence is needed. Social Media can be easier to manage, but response time can be of the order of 2 or 3 days, with a bit of badgering from the customer every so often.

Pay as you Go

Customer Service

Number

Charges

From your O2 mobile

Free

From a landline

0344 8090222

Standard UK Rate

From abroad

+44 7860 980 202

International rates