cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for 21203 and 21201 Numbers.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know alot of people that use online text services, which get sent to me through 21201 and 21203 numbers, I also have written a script for this service, and im curious how come i can be charged for receiving a text.... For example someone could use my site and text someone many times e.g me, and i could be charged loads, and have no way of changing this or stopping myself from being spammed or charged for no reason.

Example of script www.nathans-world.com/sms.php (note it doesnt always work, only wrote it today)

Is there anyway of not being charged for receiving texts from these numbers.

My main concern is that other people who use other text services who are charging me.

Thank you in Advance
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is the email to sms service. When you sign up to this, you accept the charges. If you didn't agree, then why did you sign-up?

Its an outdated system as the vast majority of handsets have an email client which will receive the actual email for you.
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
The fact is i did not sign up to this service, and do not know how to stop signing up, i have an iphone, which does not accept the texts as emails and i receive them as texts and get charged, and as im only 16 many of my friends use free text services online, and it then charges me, is there anyway i can stop my sign up?

Thank you in advance.

Nathan
Message 3 of 3