cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing to payg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I am on a contract but need to swap to payg. I am free to do this as I have paid of my handset. O2 international sim is what I have bought (£10 credit)and I'll contact 02 tomorrow. My question is what is people's opinion on 3 payg because it is so much cheaper than 02. I need payg and not big bundles I don't want it to expire after a month. Y
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Welcome to the forum

You have to go with the tariff that suits your individual needs. For instance it's pointless to choose to go with 3 if the signal is poor in your area. No tariff should be chosen on price alone. I am not with 3 so can't comment.

You may be better to try a selection of different payg sims in your phone and choose the best one for you

These are O2's PAYG tariffs. Have a browse through the linl

http://www.o2.co.uk/tariffs/payandgo

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Welcome to the forum

You have to go with the tariff that suits your individual needs. For instance it's pointless to choose to go with 3 if the signal is poor in your area. No tariff should be chosen on price alone. I am not with 3 so can't comment.

You may be better to try a selection of different payg sims in your phone and choose the best one for you

These are O2's PAYG tariffs. Have a browse through the linl

http://www.o2.co.uk/tariffs/payandgo

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thankyou for replying,I am going overseas soon so really am using a payg to keep my number. Such a headache trying to work out which sim to get with conflicting advice from 02, who in the shop sold me the international sim because that won't expire. Will call 02 again tomorrow but will be on hold for 30mins again.
Message 3 of 8

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

O2 basic would also do for your needs. It's not available online and you need to request it from customer service.

You could if you wish continue with your contract or go onto monthly simplicity, download TuGo and use your calls and texts allowance over WiFi abroad. Might not be what you want but its an option. 

Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous If you are switching from contact to PAYG and want to keep your number then you do have to contact O2 CS http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

Best time to ring is just after 8am in the morning

Edit: I notice in your second post you say you are going abroad soon. Is that for a lengthy period of time? If so it could be worth your while using a local sim....it would certainly work out cheaper...though you would need to get your phone unlocked first.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If travelling to one of Three's "Feel at home" countries that could save you a fortune in roaming costs.
http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Phones/Feel_At_Home#dest
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Decided to keep my number with 02 pay as u go but customer service said the 02 basic is available anymore and hasn't been for 2 yrs. so have 35 per min. But
Will get a 3 feel at home bundle but even that has a limit apparently something like 2 months.
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
O2 basic most definitely is still available - call back and speak to a different advisor who knows what they are talking about!
Three's feel at home deal is valid for 30 days from when you top up and buy the £20 unlimited add on.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 8