cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the date and time

Anonymous
Not applicable
Could anyone let me know how to change the date and the time on my joggler as he are both incorrect :robotindifferent:
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Guys,

As you know I have sent my Joggler back for a repair.

In the meantime, I have emailed Applications Team at OpenView and emailed Ronan Dunne with regards to the various issues we are having since the Internet Radio application has been introduced. He will be aware of this and another thread highlighting the issues.

I can only assume that to fix the firmware will need backed out, so we lose the radio, or patched to fix the bugs. Unless Ronan is inundated with Joggler problems, I am unsure to how quick O2 will address this. Shame I sent mine back for a repair but let's see how long it takes them to come up with a solution.
Message 11 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having problems too since the update, it refuses to update the time and date. Restoring factory defaults does nothing and all settings remain.

NTP port is open on the router and the joggler has been put in the dmz . It’s driving me mad and it would seem that o2’s well tested firmware update has messed up more than it sorted.
Message 12 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh yeah, meant to mention Ronan Dunne is the CEO of O2!
Might be worthwhile emailing him your concerns...?
Message 13 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
For info ntp1 on my Joggler is ntp.ubuntu.com, mine wouldn't pick it up when reset!

Found an O2 store (Fareham) with a Joggler that has the internet radio upgrade and updates the time. Although the firmware settings cannot be changed, the shop joggler has the ntp setting at "yes", whilst mine and presumably everyone else's, is at "no".

The Fareham store advise that we wait for a further upgrade to be released in the next few days(!). In the mean time I would appreciate Ronan's email address!
Message 14 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Guys

With the Joggler Date Time issue.

I contacted Customer support as the Email I sent just got bounced back say "we can not help please call Customer Support"

I did and spoke to a Guy called Mark Stone who was courteous and as helpful as possible but as I was out surveying at the time and not in the office I could not get the info he wanted, MAC address F/W and S/W version. He sent me an Email so I could tag this data back to him so he could look tomorrow. he sounded pretty confident that a solution is available.

I'll update as soon as I get the Info.

For the Record my Joggler was

FW 7945.S1 (boardrev:2)
SW NOV 9 2009:14:39:16

and although the NTP address is set under date and time Settings when looking at the about screen it states NETWORK TINE NO and so NTS data is shown below it in the server address box's

I'll wait until tomorrow to update
Message 15 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
As promiced just to update.

O2 customer services have failed to get back in contact so yet again I'll chase them with an email later. The whole process of contacting customer Services runs you down it might just be O2's way to not solve their complaints.

Will post if I get an update.
Message 16 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good luck with that, so far O2 have consistently failed to contact me despite promising they would in 24 hours. I have now abandoned plans to switch my Broadband to O2!
Message 17 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Apx 2130 hrs the joggler made the reset noise and the time was set correct.

The about settings showed that Network time was set to yes and it had updated OK.

BUT......O2 never called me I still await an explanation.
Message 18 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Got an email asking me to call their help line to assist me with my problem (4 days late) having tactically avoided me up to now. It was shortly after that the update kicked in - funny thing that but at least it is now working.
Message 19 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Spoke to the O2 shop to advise that the new firmware has apparently solved the problem. I was told that's good but a brand new one is on its way to us for you to collect in the next few days.

Ah well, all's good in the end.
Message 20 of 21