cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canceled my contract 18months - yet still being charged!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I was told to log this here for immediate response and processing - am sincerely hoping that is the case! Please see my original query below, I look forward to hearing back from you ... Thanks
Hi there,
I would like to complain about the service I have received from O2.
I left London for South Africa in July 2010, if you check the line you will see it has not been active since then. Before I left I went into my branch, which was the Putney High Street, and asked for my account to be closed. They assured me it would be processed and taken care of.
I then moved back to South Africa only to find my account was still being debited! This is unacceptable – and called only to be told I had to go into my branch and ask for it to be closed there. Living in South Africa possessed a little problem to this but the call centre agent was adamant that this was the only way it could be done. Luckily I was there last April and went in again and went through the same procedure!
I have been locked out of my internet banking for a while but logged on lastnight only to find you are STILL debiting my account – nearly 18months later! I have canceled my debit order and would like to know what you plan to do about refunding me the money you have been deducting from my account!
Also I tweeted your Twitter account and found the consultant handling the account to be quite sarcastic and not very helpful towards me. I am in social media and the way this was handled from a social point of view is unacceptable!
I would appreciate your swift response
Thank you Genna
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

you need to contact o2 directly these forums have little / no o2 involvement.
If they do respond here it is the same team as twitter.
send an email detailing all your issues to the complaint review service all details are on the main o2 contactus page under complaint code of practice quoted below

How do I make a complaint?
Complaints Code of Practice
At O2, we always try to make sure things run as smoothly as possible for our customers. If you're unhappy with any part of our service, please tell us.
Your complaints give us a chance to put things right and also means we can improve our service to you and our customers in future.
Our service teams are in the best position to deal with your complaint and should be the first people you contact. You can contact them by phone, letter or email. You can do this by clicking here
We'll look into your complaint immediately and try to sort the issue out as fully as we can within five days. If something comes up that means it may take longer than this we’ll discuss this with you. If you're unhappy with our decision, ask for one of our team managers to investigate further.
We hope that we will have been able to sort out any problems by this stage. However, if you're still not satisfied after speaking to one of our managers and you'd like an impartial review, please write to:

O2 Complaints Review Service

PO BOX 694

Winchester

SO23 5AP
More information here : How do I make a complaint?

Alternatively you can email us directly at: complaintreviewservice@o2.com
or fax us on 0870 600 2402. We’ll review your complaint within five working days.
Please include the following information:

Your name and address
Your mobile and account numbers
A daytime contact number
A suggestion of what you'd like us to do to put things right

If you've had any previous correspondence relating to your complaint, please send copies of these as well as any names of supervisors and managers you've spoken to.
If we haven’t been able to sort things out within eight weeks, the ombudsman can review your complaint for free. Unless there is a deadlock situation, they won’t look at cases that are less than eight weeks old. Contact them directly at:
Ombudsman Services: Communications
PO Box 730
Warrington
WA4 6WU
Phone: 0845 050 1614
Textphone: 0845 051 1513
http://www.os-communications.org
Email: enquiries@os-communications.org
For information on your consumer rights, get free advice from your local citizens advice bureau (CAB), consumer advice centre, local authority trading standards or consumer protection department. You'll find their contact details in the local telephone directory or ask at your town hall or local authority offices.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Uhm thanks except that they told me to submit my query here! Your Customer Service really needs a relook cos this is ridiculous ...
Message 3 of 7

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
I am only another customer like you these forums are called the customer forums for a reason if it was o2 customer services that told you to post here also put that in your complaint.
Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
yeh - it was them! Thanks - they don't make it easy to get hold of them internationally
Thanks
Message 5 of 7

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
if you still have the uk sim you can call for free as the contract is running +448448090200 source viewtopic.php?p=395704#p395704
Apple Watch series 4

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
@gennathatcher
If you'd like to drop me a PM with your details we'd be more than happy to look into this issue further for you.
Zoe
Message 7 of 7