cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send/receive messages or make/receive calls

Anonymous
Not applicable
Five out of the six of us in my house have suddenly stopped being able to do anything on O2. We have a variety of phones and contracts but all with O2. The sixth person is fine - they are also with O2. The only thing that connects the five is that our accounts are all linked in 'My O2' using the 'link accounts' facility. O2 say this is pure coincidence. Anyone got any bright ideas?
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are all the bills up to date?
Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes. Two of them are pay as you go phones,so they can't not be paid, one is a brand new blackberry, and the other two are ongoing pay monthly contracts paid by direct debit (and all payments have gone through successfully this month)
They all stopped working within an hour of ecah other and we were all in different places when it happened...
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
How odd...
Have you tried restarting all of the phones (turning them off and then on or removing the batteries?)
Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes. Have tried all that. O2 customer services have said to wait 24 hours and see if it goes away - very useful! They then finished with 'Is there anything else we can help you with?'.....
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes. Have tried all that. O2 customer services have said to wait 24 hours and see if it goes away - very useful! They then finished with 'Is there anything else we can help you with?'.....

grin
Yeah anyway!
There could be a problem with the coverage in your area at the moment.
Try turning to '2G-mode' only just in case there is a problem with the 3G coverage in your area.
It's worth a try... wink
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
My phone doesn't even do 3g. It's too old for that. The one that is working is an iphone4, whereas the iphone3g and blackberry aren't, so that doesn't follow.
O2 have supposedly checked out the signal and say it is fine.
Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Erm... 😐
You could try doing the same for 3G only (as the 2G service could be down).
(Running out of ideas as to what it could be!)
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think I'll maybe just wait and see in the morning!
I'm just slightly suspicious of the fact that the 5 non-working phones are the ones that are linked under the same O2 account and the one that works is the one that isn't linked. I just wonder if there was a software release or something today that maybe doesn't quite work as it should....
Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
That shouldn't affect it though.
When you link the account via My O2 it just makes it a little easier for you to manage all your accounts in one place - it has no bearing on the loss of service you are currently receiving as the problem you have to me is network-related.
You could always try unlinking the accounts via My O2...
Let us know how you get on... I'm intrigued! :mansurprised:
Message 10 of 14