cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't quite decide, input from you guys wanted please.

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Okie dokie, so just under 3 months ago O2 gave me an extra gig of data a month, free for 3 months. It was a nice surprise, and tbh I've made use of it too.

I'm on the 1 gig of data tariff a month atm, and after this month's used I'm back to my 1 gig.

I can upgrade to 3 gig a month for an extra £5 if I want to. Which I'm not quite decided upon yet.

When on the 1 gig a month, I've had to buy a bolt on twice on the last year as I've unexpectedly ran out of data. But most months (in the beginning) I was using around half-a-gig.

Now, looking at my usage over the last year. I've month on month used a little more each month. I'm now averaging at around 100 meg over the gig, but that's because I've had the extra data the last couple of billing cycles...

Now, I know only I can decide whether to upgrade my tariff or not. The extra money per month isn't an issue as it's easily affordable. So what would you do?

Argh I can't decide lol.

By the way I've called O2 to see if they'd like to offer me any incentive to upgrade my tariff, and unfortunately they declined lol 😱
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144318 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Sounds to me like you know it's the right thing to do - JDI wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12069 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Suppose it comes down to what is best for you.
How much does getting the bolt on cost compare to the extra allowance?
Can you/Could you cope without the extra?
Do you have a large presence on-line (here, twitter, faceache, etc) and is it important to be on them a lot?
Do you use navigation software when out and about?
Lots of questions only you can answer.
Is it worth keeping the monthly allowance down, putting the extra aside and only getting the bolt on when you need it and use the money elsewhere?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 7

gindygoo
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
@gmarkj lots of great questions I need to ask myself there...

Thanks guys 👍😉
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you've only been using more because you had the extra allowance so thought you needed to use it to get the benefit of a free incentive then I don't think you need to upgrade your tariff if your other allowances are fine 

Message 5 of 7

gindygoo
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Update: I did go up to the next tariff as I decided the extra £5 a month was worth piece of mind while I'm out and about.

Tbh I was always very conscious of how much data I used while not at home and in range of my Wi-Fi. I often refrained from doing certain things that gobble data, but now I've not got those worries.

Yes I could get by with just the 1gb, but now I don't have to. 😁

Message 6 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93224 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Always better too much than not enough as with most things in life.... except for maybe ladies in you life! Confused

Message 7 of 7