cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I suggest that you avoid a contract with O2 at all costs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had the worst and most frustrating service imaginable;

Their courier delivered my new phone (iphone6s) to a blue door on my road!!

Never retrieved a signature or put a note through my door to inform me of this, when I contact O2 regarding the nondelivered they checked the usage and since the signal showed the phone was been used in my postcode it must be me and I was liable for the 24 month contract. Insulting, to say the least.

After a minimum of 8 calls to O2 customer services/cancelled contracts/14 days notices departments (get the picture) they finally believed I didn’t get the phone because they couldn’t prove it with a signature. They agreed to cancel all costs relating to this phone and refund me my initial payment.

Can you imagine my frustration when a month later I’m receiving “DEFAULT NOTICES”

For a phone I never even seen.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
We'd suggest you complain via the "Resolver" process shown here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
Hope you get sorted.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
We'd suggest you complain via the "Resolver" process shown here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
Hope you get sorted.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous as @MI5 says use resolver and attach any correspondence, but this is often the case when things go wrong please also contact o2 customer services to ensure this is not going to impact on your credit rating !

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
I also hope that you contact your local police force to report this as theft, as someone signed for your parcel and began using it, knowing full well that it doesnt belong to you.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Terrible situation ...It would be interesting to know which courier company allowed this to happen? Not that important in the grand scheme of things.....but should make O2 look at them very carefully.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5