cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get bar taken off my iphone?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I lost my iphone on saturday night, and went to nearest o2 shop on sunday to report it. they barred the sim card and iphone for me, and i got a new one ordered on the insurance.
Then today i went to work and my friend said he had it. turns out i lent him my phone to call another friend.
Can i get bars reversed and be able to keep evrything i had, ie contacts, apps, music etc???
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94052 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
Call customer service, they can remove the bar on the sim card straight away but it will be up to 5 days before the phone itself is unbarred.
You can restore everything from back up.
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Call customer service, they can remove the bar on the sim card straight away but it will be up to 5 days before the phone itself is unbarred.
You can restore everything from back up.

cheers mate
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
It depends on how far you got with the insurance claim (and who the insurance is with). Generally if an item is replaced and the original is found, it belongs to the insurance company.
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94052 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
It depends on how far you got with the insurance claim (and who the insurance is with). Generally if an item is replaced and the original is found, it belongs to the insurance company.

Yes I hadn't considered that but I would think in such a relatively short time period you could cancel that? Either way, it's up to you how you proceed.
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
It could be. I think the OP, should consult the insurance company.
. . . and stop drinking so much!
Message 6 of 6