cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call center too busy?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I have upgraded online and the order is showing as processing.  Live Chat this lunchtime told me that the phone I requested was out of stock and then I got an email saying it will "soon be dispatched"

I have phoned the call center for an order update SIX times today.  I've been on hold for 40 minues and cut off after 8 minutes all the other times.  It's not an ideal service when I'm trying to get an ETA on something I've bought.

I know an upgrade isn't the most urgent thing in the world but I'm having it delivered to a store.  As of next Wed I will be unable to pick it up so I'm wondering if I should cancel and rebook it in a few months?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have heard from people who have been on hold for 1-2 hours which isn't good.

Please persevere with 202 for help.

Look in yiur email folders including any spam for updates.

Tracking info http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/how-to-track-your-order#qs

Edit : Click & Collect help link :

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New%2CKB=Companion%2Cquestion%3Dref%28user%29%3As...
Message 2 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23230 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

It's understandable that Customer Service would be busy the day after New Year. When did you place the order? I wouldn't trust anything Live Chat tells you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wouldn't have an issue with being on hold for that length of time if the phone system let me. I seem to be being red buttoned or their IVR is messed up as the calls keep dropping. In all the six calls I haven't put the phone down - I've been disconnected.
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have no answer why that may be happening unless the call centre switch board holding systems are full or something ?
Message 5 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145112 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions
Personally, I would cancel and go in store to do the upgrade.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I placed it first thing New years Eve

Obviously I'm not expecting the phone to be there immediatley.  But new contracts can purchase the exact same phone before 10pm tonight for delivery tomorrow as per the website.  So it's a bit galling that I have three different status for my order and no way of checking if it will be there for Wednesday.

I might phone the store tomorrow and see if I can upgrade through them for the same deal and if they have the phone in stock.  If so, I'll do that and then cancel the upgrade online.  If the worst comes to the worst then if it gets to the store after Wednesday it'll just be sent back to O2 after I haven't collected it for two weeks.

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ooooo that's a big help!  

You can also have a friend or family member collect it for you. Just make sure they bring the Collection Reference with them. Your order will be kept in store for seven days.

This means I can get Mommie Dearest to go in and collect it for me and deliver it to me.

Thanks for this bandofbrothers!

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ooooo that's a big help!  

You can also have a friend or family member collect it for you. Just make sure they bring the Collection Reference with them. Your order will be kept in store for seven days.

This means I can get Mommie Dearest to go in and collect it for me and deliver it to me.

Thanks for this bandofbrothers!

Most welcome. 

😄

Message 9 of 9