cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C905 Faults!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello there.

Basically just posting to moan about a fault i've had with my C905.

Basically I can no longer hear anyone when they phone me or when I phone them. The only solution round this is to put my loudspeaker on!
Unfortunately, this is the second time this has happened so I now have to exchange my phone for the second time (It will be the thrid c905 Ive had in less than 2 weeks!)

Im just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem or whether theres something i'm missing (a setting for example...and yes the volume is turned up!)

I keep my phone in my jeans pocket with the screen facing my leg (i broke the screen on my old one with the screen facin outwards) I havent dropped the phone, nor has been anywhere near any water. I had a phonecall earlier in the day and its been fine, but all of a sudden my next call I couldnt hear anything.

It's really annoying me now as this shouldnt be happening. I had my first phone for a week and the second has lasted just 5 days!

I love everything else about the phone and have had sony ericssons for about 5 years now...i'm just wondering if im being really unlucky or there is a genuine fault with this particular model.

Sorry to moan in my first post, but if you could reply that would be great.

Cheers
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello there.
Basically just posting to moan about a fault i've had with my C905.
Basically I can no longer hear anyone when they phone me or when I phone them. The only solution round this is to put my loudspeaker on!
Unfortunately, this is the second time this has happened so I now have to exchange my phone for the second time (It will be the thrid c905 Ive had in less than 2 weeks!)
Im just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem or whether theres something i'm missing (a setting for example...and yes the volume is turned up!)
I keep my phone in my jeans pocket with the screen facing my leg (i broke the screen on my old one with the screen facin outwards) I havent dropped the phone, nor has been anywhere near any water. I had a phonecall earlier in the day and its been fine, but all of a sudden my next call I couldnt hear anything.
It's really annoying me now as this shouldnt be happening. I had my first phone for a week and the second has lasted just 5 days!
I love everything else about the phone and have had sony ericssons for about 5 years now...i'm just wondering if im being really unlucky or there is a genuine fault with this particular model.
Sorry to moan in my first post, but if you could reply that would be great.
Cheers

Turn your 3g off and switch to GSM see if that helps. Maybe 3g reception or your earpiece has blown!
Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
hearing loads about ear pieces faulty, hope it doesnt happen to me
Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tried the GSM/3G thing and still nothing.

Really annoying me now, can't believe i'm going back for a second time.
I bloody love the phone aswell!
Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
i had the same thing with my n95 and my brother told me to switch it on to loud speaker and then back to ear peice and it did the trick , although it happened quite a few times with that phone, so i got used to it
Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
My wife was due a free upgrade 3 months ago but we decided to wait for the new C905 to hit the shops. The phone is ace with an awesome camera, but it developed a fault today - A sound problem. She got the phone less than a month ago.

Basically she cannot hear callers but they can hear her. The phone works on speaker mode but nothing else. Design fault????
Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had my C905 for 10 days and on a couple of occasions when trying to make or take a call have lost sound.

The other party could hear me but there was no sound on my end.

I switched the phone off and back on to remedy this which has worked both times up to now.

I'll be watching this forum for further updates on this problem
Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have encounter this problem too.

Intialy i thought my friend network got problem. Can't hear him. I was using it last night and this morning, I cannot use it anymore. until I m using it speaker mode. Now i have to send it for reply. This phone is only 2 weeks old.

I m thinking to send for repair and sell it off for another model.
Message 8 of 16

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
Sorry to advise but the c905 ear problems are not just o2 related.

There are c905 faults with the ear problems on all networks and unbranded models too.

Only fix is either a replacement phone or to send it of to se for repair.

There are also a couple of of faults to watch out for as well#
led problems and scratches on the keyboard as well.

It looks like SE have made another phone just like the problamatic K850i.
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am not with 02 but with voda phone, I have had 4 SE C905's and all phones have had the same problem. Because I am tied with a contract they have been refusing to let me change my handset. Finally, as they are about to send me my 5th C905 phone they have advised me to change the handset ( like i said 3 phones ago) lol

Its such a nice phone apart from not being able to hear people.! I have to add that this has all been in the last 2 months, the longest one of my phones lasted was about 12 days! its so frustrating that people at vodaphone were trying to tell me this was a one off problem...

Hayley Williams
Message 10 of 16