cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked IMEI

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All bit of a problem here. I upgraded to the new iphone 4 and tried to sell my Iphone three to money4mymobile. They have sent an email to saying that the imei on the phone is blocked. They use a company called checkmend to check out the mobiles as they arrive.
In Sept last year I thought I had lost the phone when on holiday and had the phone blocked through O2 when I came back from holiday I found it in the luggage so I had it unlocked by O2.
I have phoned O2 twice and they say it is not locked Which is obviously true because it worked fine until I upgraded. Checkmend are saying there is an international database called SEIR and it is listed on their O2 say they know nothing of this database.
Money4mymobile are saying they are going to dispose of the phone (Ha free phone for them then) I don’t know what to do now any help would be appreciated .

Sorry for the long post

Mick
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
When you discovered it was missing, while abroad, did you report it missing to anyone?
Perhaps as part of an insurance claim?
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
You should demand that money4mymobile return the phone to you immediately and if they refuse call the police.
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
No I didnt report it missing to anyone or put in a claim, the phone has worked fine since.

If I cant get some satisfaction next week I am going to call the police

Mick
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
The police won't be interested as no crime has been committed.
You should be contacting the recycling company and explaining the circumstances.
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I have contacted the recycle company and they say.

"We are working in conjunction with CheckMend and the Police, they are aware of the situation, I can assure you we are a legitimate company which is why this procedure has to be followed.

We apologise for any inconvenience, however our hands are tied in this situation."

To be honest it is probably o2 fault they have put it on a external database and have not removed it

Mick
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why do you now think its O2? What's changed?
Message 7 of 10

browni
Level 21: Regular
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions
Why do you now think its O2? What's changed?

Something to do with this maybe
In Sept last year I thought I had lost the phone when on holiday and had the phone blocked through O2 when I came back from holiday
#siwy
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you logged onto checkmend's website? if you ask money4mymobile for the code they got off checkmend then you can use it free to see what it say's, but it looks like its their (checkmends) database that is not up to date if you can use that phone on O2 again (as its not blocked).
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been on the checkmend site and have the report I have pasted the results below.

The phone is reported as stolen/lost: NO
The phone is reported as blocked: YES (O2 Sep 2009)
The phone is reported as having had an insurance claim against it: NO

IT IS VITAL THEY UNBLOCK IT ON THEIR NETWORK AND THE NATIONAL SHARED BLOCKED HANDSET DATABASE CALLED THE SEIR

Mick
Message 10 of 10