cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry 9780

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is now become a seriously annoying issue for me.
WHY HASN'T O2 RELEASED THE BLACKBERRY 9780??
spoke to o2 in october and was told that they would be releasing on november 22nd lowe and behold no release. been trying to get a straight answer from countless o2 representative
they cannot comment on it
why the hell not??
even asked if the 9780 is coming to o2... no comment :@
extremly annoying.
every other UK network released last year november (even tmobile 🐵
o2 are really slacking on this the 9780 is the current flagship blackberry and o2 being one of the UK better networks are really falling behind i been out of contract with o2 for 2 months now waiting o2 to fix up
Does any one have any answers???
or is it a switching networks to get what i want?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93274 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought the 9800 was the flagship model and the 9780 was just a makeover of the 9700. Is that not so?
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought the 9800 was the flagship model and the 9780 was just a makeover of the 9700. Is that not so?

You're right yes.
The 9780 (Torch) is at present the best model available that RIM have manufactured.
The 9780 (or the Bold 3) is the next highest spec model you can get today via RIM. It's not too dissimilar from from the Torch but lacks some of the features that the Torch offers.
If you're happy with O2 and want to get your upgrade, you might want to think about upgrading your contract via a third party.
You might find this offer appealing...
http://www.mobiles.co.uk/o2-blackberry- ... oneTariffs

:smileywink:
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
o2 have had the 9780(bold3) since before xmas, I have one on charge near me now :S
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
The BlackBerry Bold 9780 IS available from O2, now. It is available in the shops but hte website has not been updated.
I enquired about an early upgrade earlier tonight by CS and they quoted me prices for it. It's looking like I will not get my hands on one until mid February though.
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
How much is the 9780 to buy?
Message 7 of 7