cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi can anyone help me O2 has taken £224 out of my account instead of £74. I'm now broke and have no money for the electric. I have tried contacting them several times but the guru couldn't help and when I did get through to an advisor twice....they just hung up.

where can I go with this problem??

very embarrassed going to have to ask someone to lend me money

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27625 Solutions

Unfortunately there is nothing we can do here as we do not have access to your account.
You need to keep trying to talk to someone in customer service.
Call early morning when it's quietest around 8 - 8.30 am
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27625 Solutions

Unfortunately there is nothing we can do here as we do not have access to your account.
You need to keep trying to talk to someone in customer service.
Call early morning when it's quietest around 8 - 8.30 am
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122814 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous you HAVE to persevere with customer services. Only they can help you sort this out

We have no access to your account so can't help further Sorry http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

If you wish to complain..the link is in that thread..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

jonsie
  • 93182 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

If it's been taken in error then speak with your bank, they can sort it out for you.

Message 4 of 6

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

As above, you really do need to speak to Customer Services to resolve.

That said, as mentioned by @jonsie, if the payment was taken by Direct Debit then have a chat with your bank, as you're protected by the Direct Debit Guarantee which means you can carry out an indemnity claim and have the funds returned to your account by the bank - this is far quicker than O2 refunding.

If you go down this route though, please make sure you do speak to CS when you are able to, as otherwise potentially a recalled payment could result in your services being restricted and a negative impact to your credit file.

Have you checked MyO2 via the app or website to confirm the payment amount and whether it sheds any light on why a different amount has been taken?

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have a look at the breakdown of charges in myo2 as that may shed some light
Message 6 of 6