Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill paid but 02 saying it isn’t

Read1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I paid my phone bill on 29th April - the amount has been taken from my bank and is showing on my statement. However, 02 are saying my bill is outstanding and when I go to click on the outstanding balance it says it is ‘processing payment’ it’s been 4 days since I paid my bill, the amount isn’t outstanding and I have now been cut off. I have contacted 02 web chat services but they are saying the amount is outstanding their end but I have confirmed with the bank the transaction was successfully made to them. They have told me to try and make the payment again but when I try to explain to them it says the payment is processing on the app they say that’s not what it’s saying on their system. I have screenshots of everything to prove what I’m saying and the amount has been paid but I have still been cut off! The payment clearly has been made as the app won’t let me made anymore payments and says the payment is processed but the customer service won’t accept this! 

Has anyone else had this problem? 

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23219 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

@Movieworld The only thing we can suggest is for you to speak to the Payment Management Team on

0800 902 0217.

The opening times are:

Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm

Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/payment-support

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 21 of 31

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6401 Posts
  • 114 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Movieworld 

If that happened today, I suggest that you give it a couple of days to see if it works through the system. 

If it doesn't sort itself out, I suggest that you speak to your bank and ask them for the payment's unique transaction identification number, which is likely to be an eighteen digit number.  

When you speak to O2, I would be surprised if they can trace your payment without being provided with that number. 

Message 22 of 31

Penny93
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Sarah can you please help?

I'm beginning to have the same issue. I paid online as I always do but when I did the website froze, and it left my bank but it's still saying I owe money when it's paid. Please assist? 

Message 23 of 31

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23219 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

@Penny93 O2 has removed our ability to contact the advisors through this forum. You will have to use the Payment Management number to resolve your issue.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 24 of 31

Oxonian
  • 6401 Posts
  • 114 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Penny93 

I suggested (above) to @Movieworld a couple of days ago that it would be an idea to get the payment's unique transaction identification number, which is likely to be an eighteen digit number, from the bank before contacting O2. 

I suggest that you do likewise. When you speak to O2, I would be surprised if they can trace your payment without being provided with that number. 

Message 25 of 31

Penny93
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, they indeed require a GED number. However, I realised my transaction on my bank is still pending. My bank told me that if it is not accepted by O2 soon, it will cancel automatically. Fingers crossed that's the case. 

Message 26 of 31

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6807 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

@Penny93 

By the number of post on here it appears the payment system is broke

Can only suggest going through the Payment Management Number

You can reach the Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217. 

The opening times are:

Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm

Saturday – 8am to 6pm

Sunday – 9am to 6pm

Or Message them

Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB)  

X (Twitter) (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) ,

they should be able to help you

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 27 of 31

Oxonian
  • 6401 Posts
  • 114 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

Very much broken @Enlli.

I suppose that the one consolation is that this is likely to be sorted out at pace once O2's senior management become aware of the problem. No business can afford to have customers who cannot physically pay their bills as cash flow is critical to the success of any business whether large or small.

I wonder whether @Dave-O2 might wish to feed this up the line of command. A fix will surely be regarded as high priority ?   

Message 28 of 31

Penny93
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 won't do anything until I can get a ged number which bank can't do until it clears. 

However, I've never had a payment pending this long before so honestly should bounce back to me tomorrow or Tuesday hopefully.

Is there lots of posts about this at the moment then? 

Message 29 of 31

Oxonian
  • 6401 Posts
  • 114 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Penny93 

Yes, if you search this forum, you will find multiple posts on this subject. 

I am not sure whether it varies from bank to bank or is standard, but I believe that a payment can be pending for a maximum of seven days. 

Message 30 of 31