cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill increase

Anonymous
Not applicable
i was going to leave O2 last year but they offered me a good deal of £13 as I was out of contract. The recent Bill increase has added £4 a month, which I believe to be a ridiculous amount. Has anyone else experience this problem? I'm not going to pay £17 as I could get a new contract for that price.
Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

You are thinking about the current tariffs, this one will be at least a year old.

Message 11 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
There could be charges on the account for other usage.
Without seeing the account details we wouldn't know.

Agree, that would be my second guess: usage not included in the Tariff. Op would have gone over minutes included or called 08xxx numbers. Those are the most common ones...

Message 12 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable
Possibly mms messages also
Message 13 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable
No overspend and Last month I sent one mms. I contacted them today on chat and my contract expired in March. After an hour I was offered £3 loyalty discount, as what happened last year. So I guess this is the mystery increase, but extremely difficult to get a very basic answer!!
Message 14 of 44

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Fairly straightforward, if your contract has expired you would have gone back to the original price before discount after 12 months, which is normal.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 15 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable
You cannot get easy answers from live chat but good on you fir gettimg the discount
Message 16 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable
It would have been nice if they had told me my contract had expired, I had to ask, after an hour I will now cancel and go elsewhere
Message 17 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable
They won't tell you, it will be in your myo2 &'it's your obligation to check.

Once the minimum term has expired you will then get put on a 30 day rolling term until you decide to cancel
Message 18 of 44

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
It would have been nice if they had told me my contract had expired, I had to ask, after an hour I will now cancel and go elsewhere

Again it's normal, any other company will do exactly the same.

You've had a 12 month discount for last year and been offered it for another year, difficult to know why you're not happy with that.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 19 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable
My own fault for not checking, but they couldn't answer why the price increase was so much, then I was pushed onto upgrade, disappointed with the customer service.
Message 20 of 44