Better tariff?

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35918 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1589 Solutions

Interesting SMS from O2 just now... 

Screenshot_20180822-114232__01.jpg

What could it possibly mean, I wonder? Still in contract to end-Dec. Dum-dum-duuum! 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

And to close the loop, here's what I was offered (I am currently on last 4 months of 3Gb/mo, unlimited voice and texts, with a 25% O2 Open discount, £17.40odd per month, much cheaper!)

They don't look at the full picture, really, ddo they? 

Screenshot_20180822-132840__01.jpg

Seems a good offer......LOL

Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

When O2 changed the layout of their website...they conveniently changed my contact preferences.

It's happened to me on two occasions so I check frequently now.

I'm a bit cheesed off with the fact they think they have the right to change any preference of mine!

@Cleoriff

Maybe it works like pension auto-enrollment, you have to switch it off again after ever couple of years in the same way I have to go through the process of my employer taking a pension contribution, I then fill in a form stating I want to opt out (as I have my own) and then they pay me the money back the following month.

Message 12 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous

If I am considered competent enough to set my contact preferences to suit me, then they should remain unchanged until I choose to change them.

O2 don't interfere with the way I pay my bill, or change my tariff without warning.... so they need to back away from my personal choices. joy (Rant over)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff

Just to be clear, I was kidding and yes they should.

Sounds as though it might be some code in the background that is misbehaving as considering the good reputation it has built over the past 16 years compared to the reputation of Cellnet I think it unlikely the management would want to damage this with a policy that changed marketing preferences without warning.

The O2 site has been a bit odd though at times.

From a personal situation I ordered a PAYG phone (two in fact) in 2006 and the order went through no problem.

A year later I signed in, went to order a single phone and it got all the way to the end and declined even though my credit card was in good standing and the card company said they had approved it but noone at O2 seemed interested or able to tell me why,

Ended up ordering by phone.

Tried again a couple of years later and same result, even my debit card was declined but I could happily top up.

It did allow me to take out a sim only a year later though, didn't stick on that as didn't use it enough.

Tried one last time and it declined, rang up and also got a decline but again card company said there was no issue, again noone knew why and weren't interested in looking into it.

Part of the reason I stopped buying my phones through O2 (not to mention the ridiculous delay on firmware but that's par for the course on all UK networks.

(reply rant over)

Message 14 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous

I know you were kidding. I just felt like a rant...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 15