Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best mobile for a very weak signal

NoSignal
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I live in an area where O2 has such a weak signal my phone can only be used indoors on very rare occasions. It I pick it up it loses the signal. To use it for voice calls, or confirmatory text messages or replying to texts I have to put outdoor clothes on and walk a couple of hundred metres up the road. Can any one advise on an Android phone that has the best possible antenna systems for sending and receiving calls?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Plastic phones are by far the best.
I had a Lumia 640 which had a full signal virtually everywhere.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NoSignal If O2 doesn’t have a good signal for you then you may need to look at other providers such as Vodafone or EE

Message 3 of 13

NoSignal
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for suggesting plastic rather than metal phones. I have a Lumia 735 . It is much worse than the Lumia 630 my wife has. They are both plastic and very similar construction.

Message 4 of 13

NoSignal
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
3 seems to have no signal at all in my location. I also have and Xperia L1 on Vodafone and that has zero signal too. I need to swap Sims and try EE. EE got worse when T Mobile merged with Orange and they closed down half the masts in our area.
Message 5 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@NoSignal Sounds like you have the misfortune of being in a black spot. Maybe things will improve when 5G eventually arrives.fingers_crossed

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NoSignal You definitely seem to be in a mobile black spot 

Message 7 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Switching phone to 2g for calls and texts can sometimes help as it stops the phone trying to lock onto a weaker 3g or 4g signal.
Data can still be serviced by wifi if you have it, or go for one of the newer phones that support wifi calling, although that won't help with texts, yet.
https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 13

b4u2
Level 8: Talented
  • 368 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
i have an s7 edge and its pretty good althoigh battery ligfe not great.
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@b4u2 wrote:
i have an s7 edge and its pretty good althoigh battery ligfe not great.

What’s that got to do with this thread? 

Message 10 of 13