cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Benefits of price inflation on contract?

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
The way I see it is that everyone giving that tiny bit extra that the majority of us won't even notice will help to improve the service.

Imagine 22million customers with a price hike of up to £2.00 will increase the amount available for O2 to spend on spreading their coverage. For all you who have terrible coverage imagine if instead on spending £1million per day they spent 2 or even 3 the network would get a huge boost from the extra spending.

They'd have the money to hire extra CS reps which would cut down on the waiting times.

Their tax will increase resulting in more money going back to the country for schools, emergency services, general maintenance and so on.

It's not all bad.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Firstly, I applaud your views on this and it is great to see some lateral thinking to what some principled people see as lying, cheating and Robbery. 

Its a shame the mass exodus of customers are unaware or uneducted in these matters to realise that moving to another carrier on principle is like catching your little man in a zipper and calling it a sexual crime. Its makes no sense and will hurt you long term.

More importantly I would like to praise O2 especially with there parent company having some financial difficulties in holding out as long as they have and making as small a price increase they felt was reasonable. 

I bow down to your great intellect young Jedi.

Message 2 of 25

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
In retrospect I'm not sure this really is "off topic" mods please move if you feel fit.

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 3 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes as I think it warrants a Kudos

Message 4 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Moved slight_smile
Message 5 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

at last some sensible thinkin on the subject

Message 6 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Stuart, I hope you are talking about Liquid
Message 7 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Stuart, I hope you are talking about Liquid

Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 25

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Liquid wrote:
The way I see it is that everyone giving that tiny bit extra that the majority of us won't even notice will help to improve the service.

Imagine 22million customers with a price hike of up to £2.00 will increase the amount available for O2 to spend on spreading their coverage. For all you who have terrible coverage imagine if instead on spending £1million per day they spent 2 or even 3 the network would get a huge boost from the extra spending.

They'd have the money to hire extra CS reps which would cut down on the waiting times.

Their tax will increase resulting in more money going back to the country for schools, emergency services, general maintenance and so on.

It's not all bad.

Sadly management have other ideas especially as they've moved a number of CS jobs to South Africa. Then there's the forthcoming 4G auction which o2 have to win a licence for otherwise it is a dead network. Oh and the other killer is that there is now auto-enrollment of pensions for employees which is going to cost a lot of money to maintain.

Message 9 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think 02 should honor the contracts we take out. If they told me it was going up after 3 months I would not have taken it on
Message 10 of 25