cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being charged VAT on top of contract for a personal mobile

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I was hoping someone could help before i get on the phone to o2. I recently upgraded my contract (November 2010) and have noticed that i am being charged for my monthly contract (£35/month) and my calls and messages (outside my allowances) and then being charged VAT on top of this. I can understand being charged VAT on the calls and messages but not on the contract fee. I always thought that if i agreed to a £35 a month contract that it would include VAT and not be added on afterwards. I have a personal contract and not business and never use it for business.
Is this right or am i being charged incorrectly and is this happening to anyone else???
Thanks in advance.
Rob.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Relax. All is well. It is happening to every single person in the uk with a pay monthly mobile phone. Why should you be any different grin
If you check your bill you will see that your £35 contract is actually £29.79 plus vat. This is what makes it £35. As in this copy and paste from an old bill of my own
My tariffs - O2 35 on Smart Phone 24 Month : 06 Feb 10 - 05 Mar 10 29.79

Of course it is now £35.75 thanks to that nice Mr Cameron.
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Beaufighter - thanks for that. Appreciate your help on this.
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're welcome. Oh yes. Also watch for your next bill as it will have two different vat rates. 17.5% for the prev months calls and 20% for next months tariff. This will catch loads out. Just watch these boards. Lol
Message 4 of 8

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Just watch these boards. Lol

Consider it as practice for when iphone 5 is released. I'll reserve you a seat at the bar for that annual festival of whining wink
Sheepdog in "zero to 1000 posts in less than a week" mode
Message 5 of 8

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Just watch these boards. Lol

Consider it as practice for when iphone 5 is released. I'll reserve you a seat at the bar for that annual festival of whining wink
Sheepdog in "zero to 1000 posts in less than a week" mode

:womanindifferent: :womanindifferent: :womanindifferent: :womanindifferent:
let me guess
where do you put the sim, how do i activate, do i get unlimited data etc etc grin grin grin

P.s. sorry for going off topic
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Indeed grin
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh yes, absolutely.
Message 8 of 8