cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Be more dog - a failing commercial strategy?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure I believe this!

A lot of money (well more than I will ever earn in a lifetime!) has been spent on the 'be more dog' campaign.

A BRILLIANT advert...however,

I thought that the idea of advertising was to advertise (silly me :(). The ad has been pulled from youtube for 'rights infringement'.

May I cordially suggest that there is more 'advertising' available for FREE on youtube than the many pound notes you throw at the TV companies? Or am I being naive? Or are O2?

This really has the potential to go viral and become an everyday saying...e.g..You can't do that (for some ridiculous reason)!....Cool answer....Be more dog!

Where is the support marketing? Most guys I know would love a 'Be more dog' T shirt to show that they are radical and eschew the tedium of tradition and self-indulgence for the blue skies of independence and cameradery.

02...you have devised a BRILLIANT advertising line...and now seem to want to throw away the opportunity by mediocrity, indolence, ignorance and a spectacular inability to follow-through ...

Don't waste the opportunity...don't waste the money already invested...GO FOR IT!

All I can say is....BE MORE DOG!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not sure I believe this!

A lot of money (well more than I will ever earn in a lifetime!) has been spent on the 'be more dog' campaign.

A BRILLIANT advert...however,

I thought that the idea of advertising was to advertise (silly me :(). The ad has been pulled from youtube for 'rights infringement'.

I'm not sure what you don't believe but the O2 Be More Dog ad is still there:

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I like the advert campaign and do agree that merchandise could be distributed.

The actual cost for the campaign and any merchandise I wouldn't have a clue on !

Message 3 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144805 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
I'll have a pint of what he's drinking slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 17

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi Ravensar,

Thanks for your thoughts! Lots of interesting points in there. Apart from merchandise, what else would you do if you were in control?

Welcome to the community slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It's possible a third party re-uploaded the video in order to make money from video views which understandably Telefonica wouldn't be happy with.

Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I have the cat?!

Message 7 of 17

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Can I have the cat?!

All yours Tracey! 🙂

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
We should start a petition to allow that cat to have the cream cake in that glass jar!
Message 9 of 17

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23174 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

deadcat.jpg

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 17