cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bars but can't call or text...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have had this problem on several days recently - lots of bars so coverage apparently OK but neither of us (both on 02) can make or receive calls or send or receive texts. When coverage comes back, texts have been lost and calls aren't registered. Is this an iphone problem or an o2 problem? O2 website says status is good, but thats clearly not the case...
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you turned the phone off and on again?
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Tony - yes - tried that and now I have no service and no bars - more honest, but o2 status still thinks everything in the area is fine... :mansurprised:
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you know anyone else on O2 that are suffering the same issues in your area?
It could be a faulty handset, though customer services should be able to search for cases in your postcode area of similar issues.
Message 4 of 8

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
What are you seeing on the iphones
What other things have your tried
Are the both on the same account???
Have you spoken to customer services via landline?
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, my partner's phone has same problem, also other 02 customers we've spoken to. All the phones are on separate accounts and are different models.
The phones display anything from no service to full bars but calling out is impossible, as is sending texts.
Its not a handset fault as you can drive to a different area a couple of miles away and suddenly get bombarded with calls, texts etc. Status is still saying this area is fine(!).
I'd love to speak to customer service but don't have a landline slight_smile
Message 6 of 8

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
As you have no land line report the issue when in an area that has coverage giving the postcode of the issue and advise all those that are having the issue to do the same.
IS it on 2g or 3g ? or both?
Try disabling 3g and see what happens.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the suggestions - have called and reported but they couldn't really help - ie no explanation of why there is suddenly a problem.
I've turned off 3G and that's not made any difference either. I just can't understand why its been fine for years and is now totally useless. First thing after the holiday I think I will be switching providers.
Message 8 of 8