cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance taken

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I have recently got my IPhone and since then everyday o2 has taken £1 of my credit so that I can use data, however I don't want this because I don't use it and it's a waste of my money and I would really like the credit back, so if there is any way possible please, please let me know as soon a possible.

Thanks,

Charlie

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
To stop the charges simply toggle off mobile/cellular data in the network settings.

Not sure why you think you should be refunded as your phone has used the data. You can hardly blame O2 for you not knowing your tariff or how the phone functions.

You can of course call them on 4445 or use web chat.
Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
To stop the charges simply toggle off mobile/cellular data in the network settings.

Not sure why you think you should be refunded as your phone has used the data. You can hardly blame O2 for you not knowing your tariff or how the phone functions.

You can of course call them on 4445 or use web chat.
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Web daily can be stopped as jonsie says.

Smartphone applications are requiring them to be hooked up to the internet to refresh and update etc to enjoy the full experience of the iPhones specs. Apps use data in the background. Weather for example.

Maybe look at a modest data plan to add to your tariff.

Take care.
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Please use search, there are many threads asking the same question.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Please use search, there are many threads asking the same question.

I suspect that there are going to be many more threads like this over the coming weeks, as the number of people who got smartphones for Christmas but aren't sure how to use them has probably increased exponentially.  

Confused

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I'm extremely confused and curious, why would anyone buy a top of the range smartphone and not use the data features which are the main point of the phone?

Does this phone do anything else that I'm not aware of (apart from posing with it) or would a much cheaper handset do the same job?

I see no reason why a refund should be paid as you have used the data with the phone doing what it's supposed to.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Have to agree 100%....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Perhaps this should be made clear at the point of sale but otherwise again I agree with Perksie. A smartphone is just that, it is in effect a mini computer that does alot of its functions automatically.
Message 8 of 8