Did you mean: 

Augmented Reality in Apps

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

As I was doing a bit of online reading this morning, I found out that the game Angry Birds was going to integrate Augmented Reality soon.

This follows the success of Pokemon Go in the past few years, and the upcoming Harry Potter Wizards Unite game, a Harry Potter-inspired mobile game by the same company, Niantic. Apart from those three games, I have to admit I am not too aware of how much AR is being used in apps, and the different ways it could be used.

Do you have any experience using mobile games or other types of apps that use Augmented Reality? What do you think this feature could be useful for, in games or other apps? 

Looking forward to your thoughts on this! smiley

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Thanks for this @EmilieT 

I'm not really into games but I found the advert amazing. Maybe the Angry Birds one shouldn't be played in a restaurant though.

The male companion thought he was being shot at...joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Cleoriff  One definitely needs to be mindful of their surroudings with apps using Augmented Reality, it can come across very as very strange joy

Apparently it's a functionality used in more than just games, I'm browsing this article right now and it's got some really interesting apps outlined, not just games but educational or art-related ones!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve wanted to look at AR but considering there’s not enough good stuff to warrant it yet. I may have to wait 

Message 4 of 7

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I’ve wanted to look at AR but considering there’s not enough good stuff to warrant it yet. I may have to wait 

@Anonymous  Fair enough slight_smile Looking forward, what do you think would be a good use of AR?

signature

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@EmilieT @A good use of it would be to help guide others who have mobility issues or learning disabilities to help in day to day activities 

Message 6 of 7

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous  I love that idea, I hope it's being worked on right now as it'd definitely be very useful for many. I found this article that references a few ways AR (and VR) are being used already for that purpose, but there's so much more that can be done.

signature

Message 7 of 7