Did you mean: 

Are o2 lying about delivery times??

bezman70
Level 1: Joiner
  • 22 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

Last Saturday the 17th Dec I ordered a Samsung galaxy Book2 Pro 5g which all went through ok and was given the delivery date of within a week of ordering and it continues to say delivery is within 1 week in the o2 shop website but when I spoke to o2 about this order they keep telling me they're waiting for stock. My question is why are they still selling items with certain delivery times knowing damn well that they would never be able to keep up to that date and also is this a normal thing that o2 do???

Thanks for any info on this.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 37504 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1706 Solutions

Logistics, not an easy business, and whilst not defending O2's historically very poor stock and order management systems, this article helps show why things are in turmoil:

https://www.salesforce.com/blog/telco-retail-trends/

This is not helped by recent changes imposed by changes impacting the supply chain in the UK specifically - change causes uncertainty, which results in turmoil as companies try to adjust and react.

O2 are not lying, they are adjusting, slowly, to changed and still changing times.

If you wish to complain, and maybe make a difference, here is the relevant section of O2's website on the matter, @bezman70 - https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 2 of 4

bezman70
Level 1: Joiner
  • 22 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@pgn Thank you for the reply. Personally I'm not in a great rush for the laptop I just feel sorry for people who needs the order for work or school and to be told it'll be with them within a week when o2 obviously know theres no chance of that delivery date happening and o2 are still offering that delivery time scale for the galaxy book2 pro laptop. Its just not on

Message 3 of 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124728 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7533 Solutions

@bezman70 wrote:

@pgn Thank you for the reply. Personally I'm not in a great rush for the laptop I just feel sorry for people who needs the order for work or school and to be told it'll be with them within a week when o2 obviously know theres no chance of that delivery date happening and o2 are still offering that delivery time scale for the galaxy book2 pro laptop. Its just not on

No it's not on @bezman70 

O2 have, for far too long, got away with selling items which are not in stock, simply because they fail to implement a live stock system!

They should take a damn good look at Amazon and see how they work. If Amazon say you will get it the next day, that's when it arrives. I'm well aware Amazon also have their own transport system but that's irrelevant. You know when you purchase that the stock is there to be sold.

I find it slightly immoral for a company to take your money for a deposit when there is no stock to be had.

Rant Over!!🙄

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 4