cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Aerial Communications Legit?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got two Blocked calls today - from Aerial Communications. If you look them up, they say they are working with 02 and based in Fareham. They knew my name, how much I paid a month, and that my contract was up. They wanted to offer me a better rate with unlimited calls and texts. I told them I had not heard of them but they had my personal email and details. How did they get these? I reported them to O2 who said to ignore the texts. I explained again they had phoned me and had my details. They gave me the email for phishing and said don't give out any personal details - not really bothered about this breach in security. help.
Message 1 of 33
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

rawrz
Level 13: Prompter
  • 70 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 25 Solutions
yeah they are to do with business. but seperate business would be able to view the details only but not alter or amend anything. it would all be managed by ariel and deals are different too.
Message 8 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
From memory they are authorised O2 agents.... I'm sure we've had a similar question before.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 33

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I believe these are they:

http://www.aerial-telephones.co.uk/aerial/

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 33

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Looks like it....

Why Aerial?

Aerial currently manage 10,000′s of mobile users on the O2 network. We provide a high level of pro-active Account Management and are dedicated to assisting our customers.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 33

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Why indeed, if they phoned me I would just say, "I have never done any business with you so go away!"

What can they do that O2 can't?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 33

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It seems like they may be a "business account management" type of company.....

Currently using:
Message 6 of 33

rawrz
Level 13: Prompter
  • 70 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 25 Solutions
yeah they are to do with business. but seperate business would be able to view the details only but not alter or amend anything. it would all be managed by ariel and deals are different too.
Message 8 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes they are legit.

Your details will have been provided by O2 - they are an O2 partner.

Their website sites they are a business user company.

You may want to search these forums for other threads as there are a people who have had problems with Aerial , e.g. http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/O2-or-Aerial-who-am-I-with-and-why-has-my-phone-st....

Message 9 of 33

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
We've heard many horror stories regarding this company - Any sensible advice would be to stay well away from them, it would seem......

Currently using:
Message 10 of 33