Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch OS 9.3 and O2 Airtime Plan Connectivity

Justin23
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Apple has just released Apple Watch OS 9.3 and it has resolved my problem with not being able to connect my watch to my O2 Apple Watch Airtime Plan. Following the update, my AWAP magically appeared in the Mobile Data section of the AW app. I have tested it outside away from the phone and wifi and was able to make a call. I know that many users have had a raft of issues (eg. error ref code 14) with connecting to and maintaining connection to their data plan and that support staff have tried hard to resolve the issue, but if you still have a problem, update your Watch OS to 9.3 before seeking further help.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

chris52
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

After a bit more time I can say unfortunately the new watchOS version hasn't fixed it.

I had a few succesful runs (where the watch stayed connected the whole time) by turning the watch off/on at the start, but also some where it's gone back to the no-data state by the end of the run. Either way, having to constantly turn the watch off and on isn't a solution.

Partly because of this I've chosen to change networks away from O2. So far, on the new network, the watch has been connecting more reliably without any reboot shenanigans. So I won't be contributing any more feedback here. Good luck to those sticking with getting it sorted on O2.

Message 11 of 12

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37129 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1690 Solutions

@chris52 wrote:

After a bit more time I can say unfortunately the new watchOS version hasn't fixed it.

I had a few succesful runs (where the watch stayed connected the whole time) by turning the watch off/on at the start, but also some where it's gone back to the no-data state by the end of the run. Either way, having to constantly turn the watch off and on isn't a solution.

Partly because of this I've chosen to change networks away from O2. So far, on the new network, the watch has been connecting more reliably without any reboot shenanigans. So I won't be contributing any more feedback here. Good luck to those sticking with getting it sorted on O2.

Well, that was worth a shot.

Another solution appeared on the Forum:  change the physical SIM card in the phone, and do Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update using the Support, Swap your SIM, option in MyO2 app, to move the number from old to new SIM...

I can't see how that helps either, tbh - except it effectively resets any odd info stored on the original SIM in the phone...

Message 12 of 12