Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another plea to the moderators!!

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93989 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
Just got home from work @ 7.40am and a quick browse on the forum found 13 spam posts. No doubt there will be many more later this morning. This is now beyond a joke!
Can we please put a system in place whereby a 1st post will not appear on a thread until it has been vetted by the moderators. This has been going on for months and months but is now bordering on the ridiculous.
Please, please sort it out.
####
I haven't flagged them individually and I refuse to look for more :womanindifferent: :womanindifferent:
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well it's progress (and most welcome) that the contractor has responded to a forum member.
I guess they can only work within the remit they are given by O2 and it's up to O2 to change that remit and the tools that are used by the contractor to control or limit the spam.
I think the comment :

my suspicion is that they would consider it a barrier to participation for all genuine first time users, who come to the forums hoping to solve a specific problem promptly.

indicates that the contractor perhaps cannot see the IP address that the spammer is using therefore they cannot check it before releasing the initial registration ?
Message 21 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Surely it just needs the moderators to be a little more active and a little more switched on. Spend less time censoring innocuous posts (like deleting 'ruddy' and 'cock-a-hoop'! - which some moderstors bizarrely feel are offensive) and more time deleting spam and trolls.
In the best forums, moderators are active participants and visible in the community willing to communicate with members and able to resolve issues as they arise.
Message 22 of 23

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93989 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions