cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acer Aspire Laptop - As I type script is moving about the screen, sometimes a blank screen ... ?

RunrigForever
Level 19: Quirky
  • 2196 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have asked this question quite some time ago - feels like eons ago, but can't find where ... ?

It is annoying and I don't touch type as much as I used to do.

Does the system need a de-frag ... ?

Is there anyway I can look up what questions I have asked in the past ... ?

When under a previous username which of course now comes up as 'Anonymous' ... = ... this won't be helpful ... ?

Any help would be gratefully received xx

***DESORMAIS***
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123045 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@RunrigForever 

I seem to remember you used to visit a good IT chap when you have had problems in the past with your PC?

Do you think he could help with this issue?

As for finding previous questions you asked when you were Wispared7, this will be impossible. UNLESS you can remember the title of the post and type it in forum search bar. Even then it will be difficult, as you say, that name is now Anonymous.

One other thing I remember, you used to keep a notebook where you wrote answers to your tech queries. Is that available to you?

I've looked up the ACER COMMUNITY. They may be able to help. https://community.acer.com/en

It seems a lot of script movement is to do with the touchpad on the laptop

Hope that helps. x

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

RunrigForever
  • 2196 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Cleoriff 

I did use a notebook as a back up ... but ... I don't know where this would be now, because I became a hoarder = all sorted now in my home ... also ... it hurts my right hand to write, this been so for quite some time.

However, I have recently taken delivery of an A5 hardbacked lined notebook to slowly make notes again & a large print A5 address book as my original one is no longer.

Dominic at Skipton Laptop Centre is in the process of vacating his town centre office. He has been there about 9 years. He did not say & I did not ask where he would be moving to. He did say his email and phone number would stay the same.

I do need him to sort my printer which is broken because I always forget to do a print off every 2 weeks or so to keep the printer 'happy'.

I am somewhat 'heavy handed' on the light keyboard ... used to call the initial keyboards 'Clatter boards' and could get up a fair touch / audio speed on them in my workplace then.

In addition to enquire of Dominic = I have enlarged font, dark mode & tint of orange on my Android phone. I can't seem to have the screen on the phone in horizontal mode.

Thank you again @Cleoriff ... & ... sorry if I have been a nuisance on the community by making posts more suitable elsewhere. 

[I have joined the Acer community]

***DESORMAIS***
Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 123045 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

No need for any apologies @RunrigForever. The forum isn't just for mobile phones and if anyone needs assistance with any type of IT, hopefully someone will come along to help.

Hope you can see Dominic and get him to sort out anything you need help with.

Pleased you have joined The Acer Community though. When I googled your problem, all answers came from that forum.

It will probably help you with your laptop in future. xx

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

RunrigForever
  • 2196 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Cleoriff 

***DESORMAIS***
Message 5 of 6

RunrigForever
  • 2196 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just lost loads of script by my post highlighting itself and disappearing.

Dominic is visiting me on Thursday, which is great.

My OPPO Find X5 Lite has started doing this today when I am using the phone in horizontal position.

It must be me being heavy on the keys and need to go slowly more.

Will post reply now before anything else goes wrong.

***DESORMAIS***
Message 6 of 6