cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolutely Gobsmacked!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just got off the phone with O2's pay as you go broadband people and am seething. Ive just wasted an hour on the phone and all I got was a sorry they dont have the answer. Here is what happened:-

I was playing an online poker tourney last night for 3 hours with a decent sized stack. During the 5 minute break, I went away to make a cuppa. On coming back I found the poker software telling me there had been a connection problem. Thinking it might be the poker site's servers, I went to check. Firefox came up saying that I was being blocked(the same page as when u run out of data usage). That surprised me a little as I had only topped up a few days prior.

Thinking the service might be down or I had run of credit, I checked their broadband page and that came up, no problem. I assumed that I had run out of credit and topped up. Payment through,the connection restarted(I had looked on the windows connection and seen I had used 100mb over a day, alarm bells ringing on that) and still the same. So while I restarted the computer, I gave O2 a ring to be told that there was nobody to answer my call till 8am!! You can imagine how angry I am getting now. So I thought I might try the broadband page they give for info or support. Theres nothing on it and I cant even get to their support page because they have blocked it, why? All u get is a ticking clock and not how much of my usage I have left. Pretty pointless really because u are more than likely going to use that data before the clock has counted down. I even turned my firewall off just to be sure and nothing still

Well it did finally start working nearly an hour later. I went to check the poker and had been knocked out. I had 53 hands folded upon checking and some nice cards at that. That made my blood boil even more because the total prize pool was $15982.50 USD with the first place alone being around $2,500 and I had been playing good poker all day with some 1st and 2nd places along the way.

So after having a restless nights sleep, I rang customer service to get to the bottom of this. So after telling them my story and them checking. I was told I had no data usage left!! Well I replied thats funny I just topped up last night which I felt I didnt need to as I had only topped up a few days ago. Well you dont have any was the reply. Which is strange because I was surfing while talking?!? Upon checking saw that I had paid last night. Then the blame was pointed at me saying it was ends problem that I couldnt connect to the world wide web. Not a very clever statement as I pointed out that I could get on your payment page which is on the www but not nothing else was coming up. I was obviously getting blocked by them.

At this point, having enough of being treated like an idiot by someone who didnt know what they were on about, I asked for a manager and was told there wasnt one available!! I was getting angry now. So after raising my voice and making my anger known, low and behold a manager was put on the line.

Went pretty much down the same road. They checked for issues in the area and nothing. Said it was probably my end but as I pointed out it couldnt be. So I had to point out some major flaws in their pay as you go business.

Why have a 24/7 service and not round the clock support? We do pay for this service and support should be provided round the clock.

Why no data usage display? The time left is really secondary to the data usage. I had complained two months earlier while being sold a pay monthly package. They said u can check it online. Yes that is right but not if they block you surfing the web. Of course you can get to their broadband payment page and thats it. You only get a countdown clock.

All I got was a little pause and I am sorry. I said is that it? I am sorry thats all I can do is the answer. Well refunding my money would be a start and getting the simple things right.

Well Ive got some sterling advice here for them, why dont they let broadband users have access the O2 site whether they have data or not? Its a selling and support vechile plus has our account details!! I feel I was duped into buying more data needlessly. TBH probably what they want being a big profit over quality service company. Cut corners rather than deliver a decent well oiled service. This service has been running since november 2008 and I am appalled that they have people getting paid to be told how to imporove their service by a paying customer.

So ive lost out on earnings, frustrated for 6 hours and wasted more hours trying to get an answer. I want to take this further as I feel let down and I am sorry is not good enough. Any advice?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah try and get techy on me. My automatic updates are disabled because surprise surprise I am on limited usage so not wanting to eat all my data, I control what my computer downloads. And explain to me why it didnt work after I topped it up? Explain to me why they said I had no data usage when I did? I know what I am doing. Once again blame the customer. Yes I monitored my firewall traffic after I did that too.

Poker is a skill sport and there are professionals in the sport on contracts. Maybe you play as it as a bingo game but thats your opinion. There are efforts to get it reclassified not under gambling

You've missed the point completely. I had no support whatever, no help page ,no usage page and was left high and dry by a simple solution that they let u access o2.co.uk/support. We pay over the odds on the PAYG as it is and also I am a contract payer on O2 too and funny enough thats the number I called and got the message on. Youre doing a good job on getting people off the network. Ill be quoting you on that:-

from a O2 "helper"

'However, you state you are on PAYG but expect 24 hour support service? Doesn't work that way in any industry I'm afraid: you pay for what you get.'

Just sums up what I said. What do i pay for? Data when O2 wants to give it? You know you can have numbers that charge for support? (which I could quite happily paid for) Do u actually want people to go to other networks? Why stick around and take this? Youve created more questions than answers now.
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you want an ISP that gives 24 hours support then I suggest you find another ISP.
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
And thats what I am doing. Seems you dont want to improve yours. Im going to lifting this and posting it on some forums. How to treat your customers and keep business.

This is classic example of a smug big business not caring.
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unders, I don't think you realise that you are talking to other customers not O2.
If you've been playing poker online all day I think its obvious that you have used your data up.
Quite frankly, your post does your position no good at all, you come across very badly.
Message 5 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Are you aware that the forum is customer based with no official presence from O2?

Anyone replying to you on here is giving their opinion which is not necessarily tht of O2.

You may want to take yur complaint higher and make it official.

have a read of the following link and complain through the Customer Review ervice.

http://www.o2.co.uk/assets/O2HybridNav/ ... actice.pdf

]here

O2 Complaints Review Service

PO BOX 694

Winchester

SO23 5AP
More information here : How do I make a complaint?

Tell them: 
• Your name and address 
• Your mobile and account numbers 
• A daytime phone number 
• A suggestion of how they can put things right 

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you steve someone who has finally been helpful.

And btw if u read what I put I topped up and still got the same page even tho. It would help if people opened their eyes and engaged their brain before commenting on I had 'run out of credit'.

I found it very strange that I was told I had no data usage left when I rang when I clearly did as I was online while talking to the them. On telling them that she checked and indeed I had topped up that night. I have made it perfectly clear it wasnt my side but theirs that is at fault. The tell tell sign is the fact that I could get onto their payment which means the service was working but blocking me from surfing the rest of the web even after I topped up.

There is no self help pages for troubleshooting and no sign of data usage for me to check myself and I had pointed this out to them TWO MONTHS AGO while being sold a new phone contract. Dodging the blame. So you have a PAYG service that has glitches and with virtually non existence support!

I made my case to them and they picked at it trying to put me at blame for over an hour. I dont know how many times I had to repeat myself. Id rather they said ok Im sorry can we please investigate it and get back to you. Noooooo just a sorry and a long pause after he had run out of excuses. I had to break the silence and say so thats it? And got a yes. Thanks for nothing O2. I have got no answers and thats why I am so angry and gobsmacked at the same time.

Would u really buy an appliance with a faulty switch and just live with it? Or when you take it back be told well it kinda works? You would want it replaced or fixed. I didnt buy the broadband data thru some third party running a shody wheeler dealer shop but thru O2. They buy the data and add their service fee on top on it otherwise why would they bother with the service? I pay for a value added serivce that they say they are the best and that includes support, software and all the other nuts and bolts. Who do you think pays for the people in the PAYG support dept?

Rant over.
Message 7 of 7