Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A very poor offer with a Sim Deal and sloppy contracting

Jeffers1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So, I recently took a £20 a month sim only deal. There were various offers that were available to welcome me as a new O2 customer. The one that appealed to me was the six month free Audible Books. Wow, I thought, that would would be great! Having signed up to it I find that I am only allowed 1 book a month plus podcasts. Six books in half a year is not my idea of "Six months Free Audible Books" is it yours?   The deal also mentions that I have free Europe and USA roaming. When the contract came through no mention of USA roaming was included. I have had verbal assurance that the USA roaming is there.....but.....it's not in the contract....mmmmn.  I don't find this a good start to our relationship. Half truths and sloppy contracting.  Jeff Williams     

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10162 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3010 Solutions

@Jeffers1 

It all depends on what contract you signed, and full details can be found in myo2 and the travel bolton will be in their if it includes US Roaming, you wont see anything for EU Roaming. 

The Audible offer is controlled by Amazon, and they can change the offer at any time....  and to be fair it is quite clear: https://help.audible.co.uk/s/article/audible-membership-through-o-2-mobile  

Everything about your contract can be found in myo2....

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 4

Jeffers1
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the quick response. However my point remains. Who amongst us are going to investigate by going to Audibles website in order to find the small print. No, most of us will look at the O2 offer, see "Free Audible Books For Six Months" and, incorrectly as it turns out, assume that all books are free for six months. I suspect I'm not alone in finding this sort of marketing disingenuous. We get enough of this nonsense from our politicians!! Re USA Roaming....totally clear on the sales offer...no where to be seen on the contract. I shall be in the States for a few weeks in October. I look forward to seeing what happens!! Have a lovely weekend. 

Message 3 of 4

Bumblebox
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Whilst it is correct that not all books are free with the Audible membership, you can listen to a lot of books for free, much more than just podcasts. Look for the "Plus Catalogue" on the Audible website, there are over 8,000 audio books you can choose from in the 'plus' section. Note that you don't own those books, it's more like you borrow them. This means if you cancel your Audible membership, these books won't be available to you anymore. On the other hand, books that you buy with the six credits you receive in your six month free membership are owned by you and they will still be in your library even after you cancel your membership. Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 4