When will be 5G Start working on o2?
Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Yasir 

Rollout has already started, so expect more expansion over the next 12 months.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
No one currently knows outside of O2 when they will actually switch it on, but initially it is only for the 4 'corners' of the UK, I'd expect more cities to come online quickly behind, but realistically it would be 2020 before there will be a good level of coverage

Don't forget you'll need a 5G handset to connect and there aren't a lot of them about at the moment (and those that are ain't cheap)
Message 5 of 7

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 341 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Interestingly 5G is gathering pace. However having invesitgated other operators charges for a monthly 5G tarrif(and yes it will come down once coverage increases and numbers of users increases etc) I wonder if many people will take it up in the early days. 

One operator is charging over £60 per month for its 5G tarrif and that doesnt include the 5G handset which isn't going to be cheap in the ealry days. So a 5G tarrif, that ony provides limited coverage in the "major" cities, with phone is going to cost well over £100 per month-which is a lot

I for one won't be jmping on that particular band wagon anytime soon especially when the 4G rollout hasn't got to many areas yet.

Message 6 of 7

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @Yasir, just wanted to let you know we've shared some more news around 5G here this morning slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 7